PDA

View Full Version : Firefox

cybernerd
14-03-2009, 06:06 PM
When Firefox loads in addition to loading my home page it also loads a Firefox Updated page despite the fact that the browser was updated ages ago. How do I stop it from loading?

Blam
14-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Corrupted Profile:

http://support.mozilla.com/sq/kb/Preferences+are+not+saved

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2009/03/09/firefox-updated-tab-auto-opens-whenever-you-start-firefox/

Blam

Bantu
14-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Set it to load blank page on startup. WHY do you want anything loading when your about to go visit something else?

Blam
14-03-2009, 07:25 PM
That won't work bantu. Its not that simple.

And answering your question-what if you set google as your homepage?

Then you could search straight away. Or maybe make it your fav blog. Or the weather.

Homepage's are much more useful than you think.

I personally use speedial

Blam

Bantu
14-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Why would you want to set your home page to Google?

I open the browser and decide I want to go to Ascent, I click it in my bookmarks. WHY Would I want it to go to google first?

I open the browser and want to go to say here. Why would I want to go to Google first or any other preset for that matter.

All my browsers are set to blank page and always have been. Any sites I use a lot are either in bookmarks or on a desktop shortcut.

Blam
14-03-2009, 07:43 PM
So then you can search straight away. If you use a website often.

Or make it show something you'll want, like tips, or weather.

stormdragon
14-03-2009, 07:45 PM
You could just set your start page to 'blank page' and still have your home page as 'google' or whatever, simply by clicking home or alt home

P.S. Blam, why are you still blacked out?

Bantu
14-03-2009, 07:46 PM
you get on your computer and ALWAYS want to search? I think not.

In my case maybe 50% of the time I may search, therefore why would I want google having to load every time.

Blam
14-03-2009, 07:56 PM
You could just set your start page to 'blank page' and still have your home page as 'google' or whatever, simply by clicking home or alt home

P.S. Blam, why are you still blacked out?

I cbf changing it:p

EDIT:Changed. Thanks for reminding me:p

you get on your computer and ALWAYS want to search? I think not.

In my case maybe 50% of the time I may search, therefore why would I want google having to load every time.

50% searches, thats alot. Time saved.

cybernerd
14-03-2009, 08:03 PM
I guess you guys got sidetracked. I like my homepage. How do I stop Firefox Undated page from loading?:lol:

cybernerd
14-03-2009, 08:04 PM
I guess you guys got sidetracked. I like my homepage. How do I stop Firefox Undated page from loading?

Blam
14-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Follow my Links