PDA

View Full Version : This web site

turtle63
10-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Is it just me or do other people find this site slow to load on pages??
i Have noticed that a lot over the years and thought it might improve but sorry to say whether I use IE or Firefox both are slow to load, in fact i should time it some time.

Would love to know how to speed it up as I dont have that much time to be hanging out here at times...

Turtle

wainuitech
10-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Do a search through the posts, there has been so much written many times. In fact there is a sticky at the very top of the forum with plenty of suggestions. The very first post above the rules.

Blam
10-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Its most probably just the ads

Download AdBlock+, an addon for FF, and Noscript

Both block the ads. You may also want to block the 2 servers "adserver.adtech.de" and "|http://inl.adbureau.net/*"

To block them, in FF>tools>Adblock Plus Preferences, then type in those two and press enter

Or, use IEPro for IE and block the ad servers

Blam

turtle63
10-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Wow, what a diff, just downloaded AdBlock+ and blocked the servers you suggested and its like wow load so fast.... wish i'd asked the question earlier...

Cheers guys

Jester
11-03-2009, 05:21 PM
It really is a shame when a PC Magazine site provides so much of what net savvy users hate and have to use scripts and blocking methods just to use the site. Not very inviting for newcomers.