PDA

View Full Version : I wrote a CD and now My friend can't read it

17-06-2001, 09:42 AM
I wrote a multi-session CD, and took it to my friends place, but his CD-ROM only reads the last session.
Please help

17-06-2001, 10:04 AM
I had the same problem. Some older CDROMs have dificulty in reading the format used by the CD writer. My friend had to change the mode and save differently ?

17-06-2001, 02:24 PM
correct. not all cd drives will read all the formats that burners use. change to a different format 'that is compatabil with most drives' and do a single session cd. advoid overburning the cd as not all cd roms will read those. or get your friend to buy a cd burner.:-)

17-06-2001, 06:23 PM
Make sure ure friends cd drive is multi-read. if it is an old machine it probably wont b.

18-06-2001, 08:55 PM
Please excuse me if I am telling you 'how to suck eggs'
but have you tried right-clicking your CD drive icon and selecting 'session' from the menu, choose the session you want to read.

regards Russ

19-06-2001, 12:21 PM
Whats the big prob??

U gave written cd's and worked in a non-multi-session cd-rom drive no probes ... on a laptop and a cheap cd-rom even a 20X and even a 4X drive ....

%)!!!!!

Ok! Try using a drag and drop utility like Adaptec DirectCd. When u eject cd use close option so it can be read by normal cd roms. Use CD-R only not CD-RW ... Can only be closed if u have small amount of space left fpor formatting - if not download a free udf reader off adaptec.com and u need to use a cd-writer or multisession drive with it. A normal cannot do.

Use another like Adaptec Easy Cd Creator - should be ok.

Try toi download the free UDF reader off adaptec.com to read discs thats not closed vis multi-session drive.

ray