PDA

View Full Version : Word 2007 "Read-Only" Pop up

Viporyo
07-03-2009, 08:33 AM
In Word 2003, if you were in a document and someone else opened it and try to edit the document, a pop up that said read-only would appear alerting you that you are in read only mode. We now have Word 2007 and this feature does not occur but only has the read only on the toolbar and not all look there when you are busy working away then to realize you are in read only mode when you try to close the document and it tells you to save it as a new document. Does anyone know if there is a way to make the pop up occur to alert the user that it is read only mode and not just on the toolbar?

I know you can change just the one document but that is not what I'm looking for. The key word here is if I was in the document and then someone else is in the document at the same time.

Thank you,

wainuitech
07-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Welcome to PF1

have a read of This forum page here (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointgeneral/thread/f0c77ea1-0f81-4bc8-9f67-e305f867360c/) - read the whole thing, but the solution I think you are after is in the second up from the bottom.

The post appears to jump from IE to office

Viporyo
07-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Thank you so much Wainuitech. I have forwarded same to my IT Department and from reading it, it looks like there is my solution. Again, thank you.