PDA

View Full Version : C1

Bantu
06-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Anyone had any delay problems on items from C1 shopping mall recently?

I deal with several online stores including the main Ascent, PBTech etc and have never had any problems with any of them.

C1 has always got their stuff out in a good timely fashion but this time they appear to be messing me around a lot. Stuff says "in stock" and has done since I ordered it. Any emails to them just get an auto responder saying they are busy and the dude on the phone seemed very vague in stating an ETA on the item I ordered.

A thread on GP Forum tells me that I am not the only one waiting on stuff. Maybe their days are numbered as a going concern.

Blam
06-03-2009, 10:55 AM
I had to wake over a month before they replied to my RMA request, and they have FINALLY replied.

Next time, I'm sticking with CL

robbyp
06-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Someone else wa havin trouble with them, with a monitor that they were getting the run around on. I think they are have always had pretty poor after sales services, but their sales service used to be quick. As they must sell on volume due to their small volumes, the exchange rate plus falling sals due to the deep recesssion must be affecting them badly.

Bantu
06-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Well I cancelled the item, let's hope they reimburse my Visa card for the amount now:-(

I figured that the AutoResponse Email is not an Auto responder as it did not send an email back when I cancelled the order but only when I asked about how long it was going to be.

Some lazy bastard on the other end by the look of it.

sammo450
06-03-2009, 05:15 PM
When they opened their new site it did say that orders were going to take a bit longer than they used to. A month is a bit crazy though.... Go with Computer Lounge. Good prices and free shipping. I was impressed with their packaging too. Lots of padding, rather than just a layer of bubble wrap.

Bantu
06-03-2009, 05:52 PM
sammo450 I deal with several companies including Ingram, renaissance, pbtech, ascent, playtech, computer lounge, computer food and oc zone (a bit dodgy though).

ALL have been fine until this most recent purchase. I can't stand in efficiency when shopping, if they say they got something then they cough it up, simple as that, no delays:-)

Ascent would be my all time favourite of the above list for efficiency and rapid service. They out perform the Auckland based ones for delivery speed even though they are 600km further away.

richfix
07-03-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm another one, just been searching around if anyone in same boat as me.

I order from C1 over a week ago now, paid via credit card and haven't heard anything since I've had the payment confirmation email.

Pretty slack considering I just purchased a recovery disk from HP (Visual Group Ltd) and received it the today (Saturday) and I paid for it yesterday over the phone with credit card.

vreetan
10-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Hello, I have yet another story...

I work at a free community computer hub. One of the things we do is on sell cheep flash drives at cost. We've been buying them from C1 since the middle of last year and haven't had a problem with them.

Our latest order was placed in January. They took payment but so far still haven't sent the flash drives. I've tried calling and emailing, but the phone is always engaged and I get the 'Email Process Delay' reply to the email.

We did get one phone call from them saying they were waiting for one of the drives we ordered from their supplier. We asked them to substitute it with another one. They agreed and said we would receive our order by the end of the week... that was two weeks ago.

We're now looking at getting our money back, luckily we paid by credit card.

robbyp
10-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Hello, I have yet another story...

I work at a free community computer hub. One of the things we do is on sell cheep flash drives at cost. We've been buying them from C1 since the middle of last year and haven't had a problem with them.

Our latest order was placed in January. They took payment but so far still haven't sent the flash drives. I've tried calling and emailing, but the phone is always engaged and I get the 'Email Process Delay' reply to the email.

We did get one phone call from them saying they were waiting for one of the drives we ordered from their supplier. We asked them to substitute it with another one. They agreed and said we would receive our order by the end of the week... that was two weeks ago.

We're now looking at getting our money back, luckily we paid by credit card.

You could also try complaining to pricespy.co.nz about them, as they are always interested if some of the companies on displaying products on their website are not playing ball. It probably won't resolve your particular issue, but it will make them take notice if they are booted off pricespy, where I suspect they get most of their customers from.

vreetan
10-03-2009, 03:53 PM
You could also try complaining to pricespy.co.nz about them, as they are always interested if some of the companies on displaying products on their website are not playing ball. It probably won't resolve your particular issue, but it will make them take notice if they are booted off pricespy, where I suspect they get most of their customers from.

Yea we found C1 through pricespy. I'll definitely post a complaint on their site.

vreetan
11-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Well looks like one of my messages got through to C1 yesterday. We received part of our order this morning. A small step foward at least. We will have to see how long it takes to resolve the rest of the order.

razzarphenix
11-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Well looks like one of my messages got through to C1 yesterday. We received part of our order this morning. A small step foward at least. We will have to see how long it takes to resolve the rest of the order.

Personally I like C1. But I haven't been ordering anything from them as like you I haven't heard back to a RMA for a faulty board. It'll happen but yes they seem overloaded at the moment probably due to the fact the members section isn't there so you cant look at past orders etc.. means people will be ringing/emailing more.

Personally I'm surprised the new website wasn't fully constructed before they took the old one down.

dickasaurus
13-03-2009, 11:44 AM
CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!!!! I ordered a Toshiba external hard drive from them on 1 March, and my credit card was immediately billed. When I did not receive anything from them, email, hard drive... nothing, by 10 March I sent an email inquiry.... when that was not answered by 11 March I phoned them but there was no answer during their alleged business hours; I tried phoning again on 12 March and finally got through and was told the Toshiba drive was on back order (which was not the case when ordered)... They could not tell me how long nor give me an explanation of why they charged my credit card... I instructed them to cancel the order and immediately post credit back to my credit card, which was readily agreed to..... it is now 14 March and no credit has been posted; also I cannot contact them by phone as it is now perpetually "busy" (or off the hook?) I shall be asking ASB to reverse the charges on my credit card and advise everyone to stay as far away from these shysters as possible. I would not have ordered from them had I read the previous replies to this thread and hope that my addition helps someone else avoid this unethical dilemma.

razzarphenix
13-03-2009, 12:07 PM
CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!!!! I ordered a Toshiba external hard drive from them on 1 March, and my credit card was immediately billed. When I did not receive anything from them, email, hard drive... nothing, by 10 March I sent an email inquiry.... when that was not answered by 11 March I phoned them but there was no answer during their alleged business hours; I tried phoning again on 12 March and finally got through and was told the Toshiba drive was on back order (which was not the case when ordered)... They could not tell me how long nor give me an explanation of why they charged my credit card... I instructed them to cancel the order and immediately post credit back to my credit card, which was readily agreed to..... it is now 14 March and no credit has been posted; also I cannot contact them by phone as it is now perpetually "busy" (or off the hook?) I shall be asking ASB to reverse the charges on my credit card and advise everyone to stay as far away from these shysters as possible. I would not have ordered from them had I read the previous replies to this thread and hope that my addition helps someone else avoid this unethical dilemma.

To be honest 12 days isn't a massive amount of time. I'm waiting on some ram I ordered from pconlineshop on the 28th of Feb thats the way it is with online stores they dont hold stock instead rely on getting it direct from the supplier and if the supplier runs out then its back ordered forever. Best way to avoid that is to ring up in advance and ask about stock levels or buy from a brick and mortar.

It will get there. I've been dealing with C1 for about 2-3 years now and they always come through. I'm sure once the website is fully functional everything will go back to normal.

Bantu
13-03-2009, 05:51 PM
The Thread on GP Forum (http://tinyurl.com/C1online) looks bad. There seem to be a few having problems.

Their website seems to work fine for me and I know the emails are getting through.

richfix
13-03-2009, 09:22 PM
When I ordered I took the option that if item out of stock they would refund me the money.

Havn't had any contact from them.

CYaBro
13-03-2009, 09:39 PM
It looks like Geekzone has a thread on C1 as well.
Strange things are afoot at the circle K :waughh:

Blam
13-03-2009, 10:10 PM
managed to contact them today on my faulty PSU.

It seems that they do not have enough people to process all the requests