PDA

View Full Version : Justify text in Office 07

joe_exception
04-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Hi guys,

I feel like an idiot, but I can't get the text justify to work in Office 07... I've tried it in both Word and Powerpoint and all it seems to do is align the text left.

This worked fine in Office 03. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,

wratterus
04-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Just tested it with the default Word '07 template, no issues. I just used Ctrl+J. Also tapping Ctrl+L or Ctrl+R seems to justify/unjustify the text to the left/right of the screen.

jwil1
04-03-2009, 02:36 PM
How many lines of text are you typing? Although, you probably know you need at least 2 lines of text for the Justify option to make any impact) :)

joe_exception
04-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks for your comments - I've realised however that it's not strictly 'justify' that I want. I'm actually trying to spread out text across the width of a text box (in Powerpoint mainly)

This seemed to be possible in Office 03 by just clicking a single button (it's possible it wasn't actually the 'justify' button but something else, like a "fit text to shape" button???)

joe_exception
04-03-2009, 04:40 PM
...oh, and I've seen the manual text spacing tool (tight/loose/normal etc) but this isn't really what I want - there was an automated option in the previous version which makes things really easy...

joe_exception
04-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Right. My bad - I found it. It's actually 'distributed' alignment that I wanted... for reference you need to click the expander icon on the paragraph section of the home ribbon...

... I've made a shortcut for myself!

Thanks for your help.

wratterus
05-03-2009, 02:36 AM
:thumbs: