PDA

View Full Version : restoring IE5 file associations

16-06-2001, 07:48 AM
When I first installed IE5, I could select an entire directory of .jpg files, open all of them and have them all open in one IE5 window. I could then look through them using the 'back' and 'forward' button. I recently installed MS Office 2000, which installed MS Photo Editor. Now the .jpg files default to Photo Editor and it opens up multiple copies until it runs out of memory and crashes the computer. I've tried uninstalling Office. Which leaves the .jpg files with no association at all. When opening a .jpg file for the first time after that, I got the 'Open With....' dialog box. Chose IE5, hoping this would fix it. Now, I get multiple copies of IE5 until it runs out of memory and crashes. Have also tried reinstalling IE5 to no effect. Any ideas???

16-06-2001, 07:05 PM
Hi Shaezel, left click once on a jpeg file & then holding the shift key down ,right click on the file & in the drop down menu click on 'open with'.
then choose iexplore.
regards steve

17-06-2001, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the idea Steve, but that gives me the multiple copies of IE5 that I don't want.
I'm looking for the facility to open many .jpgs one after the other by selecting them all in Windows Explorer and choosing 'open' then browsing through all of them using 'back' and 'forward' buttons of IE5.
Regards Shaezel