PDA

View Full Version : Expert Infotech

DeSade
24-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Anyone used this online/retail store much.
They are coming out with some of the best prices in pricespy but I haven't dealt with them before.

Good
Bad
Ugly

pctek
24-02-2009, 08:55 AM
http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/297771/?

***Very Poor (Very dodgy most of the time, very poor service, may not honour warranties - AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE)***

Expert Infotech (www.einfo.co.nz)
Parallel Imported (www.parallelimported.co.nz)

pcuser42
24-02-2009, 09:02 AM
I bought a mouse form there, and I would never buy there again. They said my mouse was on backorder, then out of stock, and asked me to pick a different model. I picked slightly cheaper one, and no partial refund was offered.

DeSade
24-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Good enough for me.
I'll look further down the lists.

Cheers

Zippity
24-02-2009, 10:28 AM
I have bought two items from them on seperate occassions - a 22" and a 19" Videosonic flat screen monitor.

Both items were delivered overnight to my wife's office.

No problems what-so-ever.

Would recommend them to anyone and will certainly be buying from them again :)

pctek
24-02-2009, 10:59 AM
I have bought two items from them

Both items were delivered overnight to my wife's office.

No problems what-so-ever.

:)

Always, always people seem to base their experience on the sale.

Now what problems have you had and what was their response? Thats why shops get good or bad ratings. ANy idiot will happily sell to you.

somebody
24-02-2009, 11:17 AM
They seem a bit slow with processing orders - things take an unnecessarily long time to be shipped, and there is very little communication as to what is going on.

Zippity
24-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Always, always people seem to base their experience on the sale.

Now what problems have you had and what was their response? Thats why shops get good or bad ratings. ANy idiot will happily sell to you.

Who are you calling an idiot?

What is your gripe with me? :(

I answered the OP's questions honestly.

MushHead
24-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Bought a camera off Expert Infotech & had no problems. Of course Zippity & I might be the exceptions.

Fortunately haven't had to have any follow-up support from them, so can't attest to anything in that department.

I normally use Ascent & have no problems with them either - they just didn't sell the model I wanted.

pctek
24-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Who are you calling an idiot?

Retailers who sell but don't have after sales service.
Go read my post again, carefully this time.

ronyville
24-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Bougth the whole parts for my new pc. After putting everything together i got the temperature error message on the POST screen, so i called them up and told them about the error and they told me that it could have been my fault when i assembled the pc.. and they also told me that that i should have let them assemble the pc for $50. So they told me to ring up Asus and tell them about the problem and if Asus can verify that its a hardware problem than they will replace my motherboard. :stare:

So i did the BIOS update to see if that fixes the issue and it did so i rang infotech back again and told them that the issue has been sorted by doing a BIOS update... to which they asked me " if the issue has been sorted than why are you ringing us for" :stare: so i told them that m telling you this just incase someone else has a similar issue than they know this may be resolved by a simple BIOS update.. to which the guy on the phone said "thank you" and just hang up on me..

m thinking of buying something else from there and having a little fun of my own :p

Nomad
24-02-2009, 05:19 PM
I think I got my Sandisk Extreme 16GB from them. CF card that is. The package said it was from Hong Kong. I thought it was a fake so I read the system properties and it was real.

I paid with credit card. At the time they were very cheap, like 40% less than others.

Zippity
24-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Retailers who sell but don't have after sales service.
Go read my post again, carefully this time.

I did the first time.

I just didn't like the insinuation and/or implications that your posts conveyed :(

You don't have to be a Rocket Scientist to read between the lines.

hueybot3000
24-02-2009, 07:48 PM
i bought a thermaltake case a couple of years ago, came in silver and black. i insisted on the black and made it VERY clear. a week later a silver one turned up

Phil B
26-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Don't use any computer shop that hasn't got retail premises. When things go wrong it makes it much easier & quicker to sort if you walk in the door & see them face to face. Onliners might be a couple of bucks cheaper, but that's it

CYaBro
26-02-2009, 11:35 PM
I have bought a laptop from them once.
I spoke to them on the phone to ask some questions about it and they knew what they were talking about.
Then bought it online and received it by courier a couple of days later (They had to wait for my online bank payment to clear)
The main reason I bought from them was price as the same laptop from my normal supplier was about $400 more! And they didn't have any in stock.

Tomo
27-02-2009, 07:42 PM
I was told about this forum and it rates really bad:(

http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/297771/?

wainuitech
27-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Don't use any computer shop that hasn't got retail premises. When things go wrong it makes it much easier & quicker to sort if you walk in the door & see them face to face. Errr excuse me - but LOTS of small places dont have shop fronts - I'm one myself.

Like many others I run a legit business and I can tell you now customers have no problems contacting me, MANY call well after normal "Shops" Hours -some call at anytime / Day from as early 5.30am and as late as 11.30pm. If its after hours it depends if I answer the phone or not - they can always leave a message that will be answered the following day.

Getting any problems fixed in a reasonable time is not usually a problem - more often than not actually faster than some of the places that have shops.

personally I dont sell online - some of the prices appear fake, or every excuse under the sun as to why theres a problem - I prefer to deal directly with a person.

Dont go taring every one with the same bad brush.

Billy T
27-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Don't use any computer shop that hasn't got retail premises.

Expert Infotech Ltd have a shopfront at 221 Hinemoa St, Birkenhead, Ph 4199786. Amazing what a quick search will turn up.

Their reputation is not good though.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)