PDA

View Full Version : Establishing Bluetooth Connection

tuiruru
21-02-2009, 10:31 AM
I’m trying to set up a Bluetooth connection between my Toshiba A 300 notebook and my Dell Axim handheld computer. When I go to Windows Help about Bluetooth connections it tells me to go START > CONTROL PANEL > HARDWARE AND SOUNDS and “Click Bluetooth Devices”.
When I follow that path I can’t see anything saying “Bluetooth Devices” – the nearest to it is “Bluetooth Local Com” but that doesn’t seem to do anything even when I choose to add a COM port.
The Axim has Bluetooth enabled and set to discoverable. I know the Bluetooth on it works ‘cos back in October I connected it to a mate’s Bluetooth enabled phone and transferred a .jpg image.
I’ve tried using the Blutooth connection facility in “Config Free” and although it seems to “see” the device, when I try to use the “Add new connection Wizard” it presents me with a device name but when I select it I eventually get the message “Unable to detect service”
I’m using Vista Home Premium SP 1
Any ideas please?

Speedy Gonzales
21-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Is there a BT icon in control panel??

Did the Axim come with drivers or something for windows?

tuiruru
21-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi Speedy

Which Section of Control Panel - I'm not using "Classic View"?
I've got an active "Bluetooth Manager" Device in the System Tray
The Axim is about four years old and I used it on my previous laptop which was running XP Pro SP2

Speedy Gonzales
21-02-2009, 10:49 AM
I have no idea where, I'm not using Vista

What happens when you click on active BT manager, in the taskbar?