PDA

View Full Version : Keep getting the same email 10 times a day !

Digby
18-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Hi Guys

I have been sent an advice of a personal message from an overseas forum and the advice keeps coming up as a new email everytime I check my mail. So I get about 10 of them a day.

The forum is a legitimate overseas one and the personal message is kosher.

What I would like to know is what is causing this ?

Would it be the overseas forum software having a bug in it, or could it be at my ISP's end ?

Trev
18-02-2009, 08:51 AM
You haven't got the box ticked on the forum, that when someone replys to a post that you get an email telling you so.
:)

wainuitech
18-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Go into your email from your ISP web mail - look and see if its there, if it is delete it.

Then if you keep getting it back, once again look and see if its in the inbox, assuming it is - you can contact the forum moderators or who ever handles that side of things, OR your ISP as the servers may be doing repeat send of emails, thats assuming its the exact same mail.

feersumendjinn
19-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Set your webmail to clear messages after you download them from the mail server.

Digby
19-02-2009, 07:13 AM
Thanks for these suggestions. I will try them.
I am still getting them, and its the same two personal message notifications.

Safari
19-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks for these suggestions. I will try them.
I am still getting them, and its the same two personal message notifications.

It will probably be a problem with the forum. I have known MS exchange to send out multiple emails if it is configured incorrectly.

It might be the same message each time but if you look at the headers of the email and the server it originated from you will probably find each message has a different date and time.