PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know ...

Myth
15-02-2009, 08:27 PM
... who sells a decent range of Liteon optical drives?

Ascent only have one or two models of DVD burners, Computer Lounge a few more.

PPp
15-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Google- NZ sites -Liteon Optical drives

A lot of different models, plus around number 10
Zcom is NZ agent for Liteon( you might be able to get directions to a multimodel retailer).

Myth
15-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Zcom is NZ agent for Liteon( you might be able to get directions to a multimodel retailer).Thanks :D
I didn't realise Zcom were agents

:thumbs:

pctek
16-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Zcom isn't an agent for anything. They onsell from places like Ingram and they have NO after sales support at all.
They are the wholesale equivalent of SuperCheap

Myth
16-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Well, as the chances of me being able to set up an account with Ingram are slim to very slim, Zcom will have to do. I am not a company nor will I be a reseller

stormdragon
16-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Are you after a specific model? What's wrong with the ones stocked by the normal retail stores?

Chilling_Silence
16-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah I fail to see why anybody would want a variety of models by a specific manufacturer? Unless they're trying to do something like mod an Xbox ;)

Myth
16-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Are you after a specific model? What's wrong with the ones stocked by the normal retail stores?

Yeah I fail to see why anybody would want a variety of models by a specific manufacturer? Unless they're trying to do something like mod an Xbox ;)Nuh not into Xbox
Nor am I after a variety of models. I am just seeing what models of the Liteon range are available in NZ. This all ties in with a recent thread I did about DVD burners, SATA, etc.

Looking at buying a DVD burner, have decided on Liteon (partially coz thats what I use now and like its reliability).

I avoid offline shopping, the prices are a rip-off

I haven't quite discounted Pioneer yet either, just gotta decide on a model

utopian201
17-02-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm not sure if Liteon have the best quality. As far as I know, Benq, Pioneer, NEC and OptiArc(NEC-Sony joint venture) have the best burn quality.

pctek
17-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Pioneer for sure.