PDA

View Full Version : Xnet down? Or my issue?

Chilling_Silence
15-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Was surfing just fine then it died, checked router and the physical Line is showing as Up in the router, but no IP. Logs are saying Auth Failure...

Am I the only one affected? Their useless support is only open until 4pm, my net died 10 mins ago :(

Soooo unimpressed!!!

Chilling_Silence
15-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Just came back up now, was down for approx 18-19 minutes total, DNS still not functioning (Using OpenDNS right now anyway).

Still going to ring and find out what the deal is on Monday ...

Anybody else affected?

beeswax34
15-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Yup, it was down for just a min or two for me when I turned the PC on about 25mins ago. WTF?

PPp
15-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Had much the same thing before Christmas. took eleven days to fix, useless is a varst understatement!
One thing to short cut a lot of BS is to connect, or not, with a spare computer (and modem if you have one) This definately sorts out whos problem it is , yours or theirs. Ours was a line problem and they are really, really reluctant to get Telecom involved.
Still with Xnet and though their mailserver seems slow the net is running and up to speed.

Metla
15-02-2009, 06:16 PM
been having issues with them over the last couple of weeks in regards to the connection going dead., when it died just before I typed in some different DNS servers and she sprang back to life.

Blam
15-02-2009, 06:56 PM
You guys are lucky-2 days ago some idiot crashed into a pole and it took Telecom 2 bloody days to fix....no internet and no phone for 2 days!!:annoyed:

And I had to wait 1 bloody hour on the phone listening to the "soothing" music before I actually spoke to some one!!

!@#$%^&*&^%$##$%

JJJJJ
15-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Xnet are ancient history

jermsie
15-02-2009, 07:47 PM
xnet is a joke of an ISP

Speedy Gonzales
15-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Yup it went down about 6 here. I had to ring Xnet / then press 2 to get to technical

I had to pull the power from the modem for 10 secs, then reconnect. And just got back on @ 7.50

CYaBro
15-02-2009, 09:13 PM
You guys need to get out more :eek:

I actually went out and mowed some lawns so didn't notice that Xnet was down.

Speedy Gonzales
15-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Well If I had a lawn (or even had a lawn mower), and it was my flat I would

But since its not my lawn and I dont own this flat or property

Chilling_Silence
15-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Just got cut off for 2 mins during a game of DotA, was sooo not impressed :(

Chilling_Silence
15-02-2009, 09:41 PM
So unimpressed - Just happened again... Our routers a decent SMC Router, never had an issue in the past, its got a small fan on it so its nice and cold, we're about 300m from our Exchange and always connect at pretty much max speeds so our line quality is top notch ... MUST be their end :( :( :(

johnd
15-02-2009, 10:06 PM
xnet is a joke of an ISP

Is that right? On what basis do you make that statement.

We use Xnet for broadband including our main phone system on VoIP with very few problems - we are very happy with the service we get!

Chilling_Silence
15-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Just out of curiousity, who do you use for VoIP johnd? Presumably you're on a full speed upload plan of their which is apparently not wholesaled of Telecom?

Weve used them for Broadband, but some of the customers I do IT for have used them for VoIP and since ditched them...

johnd
15-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Just out of curiousity, who do you use for VoIP johnd?

Not sure exactly what you are asking - we are on the Fusion naked DSL plan and it works fine (http://www.xnet.co.nz/fusion/). Had lots of problems at the start with disconnections but I traced it down to my Netgear ADSL modem - upgraded the firmware and it is now great.

supergran
15-02-2009, 10:35 PM
I have been having probs with Xnet today as well, but have got so used to it that now when it freezes I just go off line and go and play a game in my computer. I can't see the sense in getting stressed over it when I can't afford to go to another isp.

I used to hook up the lap top and use the wireless modem to see if it was my computer, but I don't even do that anymore. It hasn't been my computer once, and when you go to see if Xnet has historical issues, there is NEVER anything there, even if you have been unable to connect for 20 minutes.

I also used to reboot the router/modem, but don't do that anymore either. It comes back eventually.

DUNK
16-02-2009, 12:02 AM
You guys need to get out more :eek:

I actually went out and mowed some lawns so didn't notice that Xnet was down.
You little 'Cheer Germ' I successfully put that particular chore off for a week now. Whilst concentrating on PF1 !! :eek: