PDA

View Full Version : Drivers for win98se

steveshel
07-02-2009, 11:28 AM
My problem is i have an old system running 98se. This system is running a CNC router through an ISA control card that canít be converted (already spoke to manufacturer). I had a brother MFC connected that after many years of service has given up the ghost and died. I want to upgrade to a new laser MFC but nobody does drivers for 98 anymore. The system wont handle XP or Vista and i really would prefer not to upgrade the system with a new industrial motherboard with an ISA slot (I work on the principal if it aint broke, donít fix it). Iím looking at the Brother MFC-7340, is there anyway to get 98 drivers for it or is there a third party driver.

Any help would be appreciated

Speedy Gonzales
07-02-2009, 11:33 AM
I doubt it, not much you can do about it

But to update

JonB
07-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Hi,

Is this what you are after?

http://shuttledrivers.osa.pl/driv2/driver-windows-adapter3.html

JonB

steveshel
07-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Hi,

Is this what you are after?

http://shuttledrivers.osa.pl/driv2/driver-windows-adapter3.html

JonB

Cant find the driver through the link, could you link to the driver?

beama
07-02-2009, 12:32 PM
My problem is i have an old system running 98se. This system is running a CNC router through an ISA control card that canít be converted (already spoke to manufacturer). I had a brother MFC connected that after many years of service has given up the ghost and died. I want to upgrade to a new laser MFC but nobody does drivers for 98 anymore. The system wont handle XP or Vista and i really would prefer not to upgrade the system with a new industrial motherboard with an ISA slot (I work on the principal if it aint broke, donít fix it). Iím looking at the Brother MFC-7340, is there anyway to get 98 drivers for it or is there a third party driver.

Any help would be appreciated

you could try using a text only driver most printers support that but you'll loose a lot of functionality and then there's the usb problem as well or maybe if lucky you may find a ME driver that may work

JonB
07-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Steveshel,

Hi, copying and pasting the link comes up with a strange result, sorry about that. Do a Google search for "MFC-7340 win98se driver" and I picked the second in the list. Hope it's what you want

JonB