PDA

View Full Version : P5GD1-fm/s keep shorting

stupple
07-02-2009, 06:27 AM
ok i got is mother bored

have it for 5yrs

but it keep shorting if i leave for 1 day i can boot it up for 30mins
norm it boot up and cut out

i change the CPU and ram and motherbored sill got the same think g card only 2 moth old

so i out of idea 2 mother bored same think new ram same think. new cpu same tthink got bos chip coming but tho se u got any idea

Speedy Gonzales
07-02-2009, 08:26 AM
The only way it'll short, (that I can think of), is if there are no spacers in between the motherboard and the case.

Disconnect the power, take the motherboard out, and put some spacers in then put it back

pctek
07-02-2009, 08:44 AM
but it keep shorting if i leave for 1 day i can boot it up for 30mins
norm it boot up and cut out

Motherboard.

Not bored.

Why do you think its shorting out? What are your symptoms exactly?

gary67
07-02-2009, 09:29 AM
So your mothers board get her a hobby. What is the motherboard model, CPU model, graphics card etc?

Speedy Gonzales
07-02-2009, 09:41 AM
So your mothers board get her a hobby. What is the motherboard model, CPU model, graphics card etc?

P5GD1-fm is the model (An ASUS I think)

LynX
07-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Check you PSU and see whether it can handle all your hardware adequately;

1) You didn't change the PSU when you did change RAM, CPU, graphics card
2) nowadays graphic cards eat power like CRAZY, and CPU's may need a +12V power supply.
3) Faulty power supply units can cause unstable working environment.
4) RAMs are particularly sensitive to differences in voltage, so it can get dangerous if it is PSU's fault

stupple
07-02-2009, 11:17 PM
i got it form a shop i come inuser lol i lost the info for it bu with in 12moth of haveing it g card go fked so then put new 1 in tht fked up above 1 yr ago i put new g card in

wich is

Nvidia geforce 84000 gs wich be working ok last 3-4 moth i be buy small thiks to fix it nothing yet
but the hard erro like 2yrs a go that new but sill ok

why i think it short cus power come on fine bored ligth up bu when i prass the power swich fan move and stop i all take bored out and try it on plaster nothing i try anythink

and psu is he 1st thin we test when i take pc to mate sill did the same think

info u ask
fujitsu-siemens
SCALEO P /CBN/FM/P4 550/MB �ATX/1GB/
p 4 755 OR SO ON
1G RAM DDR
gFOCE GEFORCE 8400
new hard is sata one meaxtor dimamonmax 21 360gb

try start pc with out h dirver and dc diver nothing going test g card now in siser pc only think i can think of but why wil it be that if i boo up befor

stupple
07-02-2009, 11:19 PM
ANd byw i Dyslexia that why my spell off lol

and yep ur rigth

P5GD1-fm is the model and it ASUS I