PDA

View Full Version : Where's Special Symbols?

LynX
05-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Currently I use Office 2007, and (I think) under the Insert tab there should be a Special Symbols tab, which contains some common symbols (e.g. the multiplication sign) as well as some more advanced ones like the Degrees Centigrade symbol. And now I can't see it. It just disappeared.

I do know, however, that I can get it back by reinstalling it. I went Office Button --> Word Options --> Addins --> Go To (COM Addins) --> Add... --> SYMINPUT.DLL (under Office12\ADDINS). But it's not showing up, and there's nothing under "disabled application addins (or something like that since I don't have the English version)".

Thanks in advance, because it feels incomplete without it, especially when I had it some times ago.

wainuitech
05-02-2009, 07:01 PM
See if this helps - This will Put it up top Near the orb - Open a word Doc - to the right of VIEW, RIGHT click the blank area - select Customize Quick Access Tool Bar, On the Center List, hit the drop down arrow and Locate Insert Tab - then Select insert Symbol - then click the Add button - it will place it in the quick launch As shown Here (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Here1233813090.jpg) - it is meant to be in the Insert Ribbon.

you can also try running the Repair function.

Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options.
Click Resources.
Click Diagnose, click Continue, and then click Start Diagnostics.

This will check Word and hopefully put back the Symbols Box.

LynX
05-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Hey, that's weird... The diagnostics picked up one thing from 14th installer, and the special symbols found its way back! Thanks A LOT! I knew Press F1 would be a good place to ask questions!

wainuitech
05-02-2009, 07:31 PM
:banana Glad it fixed the problem - nothing worse than a missing operation when you need it. :thumbs: