PDA

View Full Version : For those who use ESET Smart Security

Speedy Gonzales
04-02-2009, 10:54 PM
I dont know if this works or not, since I dont have it installed atm (I've reformated).

I cant remember the exact 2 errors that appeared in event viewer they usuallly appeared when you went into a networked folder.

One of the errors had something to do with SMB redirector (I think or similar).

This WAS a known issue (before the latest update came out). BUT for some reason the 2 errors were still coming up here. I got in touch with Chillisoft (who are 15-20 mins walk from me actually).

And they did this and that, and tried to get me to crash this thing lol. So, they could have a look at the dmp file. It didnt want to crash :badpc:

So, in the end I got rid of ESS. And reinstalled Avast

Anyway, the patch (that may fix it) is here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6a9adcd4-fbb1-44ed-a755-6147b769f0c2&DisplayLang=en)

It looks like it applies, if you use a multiprocessor (I take it, this means dual core's).

So, if youre seeing these two errors in XP (one will have SMB or similar in it)

You may want to go here as well (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=955535)

At the top is a hotfix (it maybe a later version than the first link). You have to request it, then unzip it (with a password), then install it

Rob99
04-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Are you saying you had an error that you cant remember, and that has nothing to do with ESS, you then tryed to get ESS to crash and it didnt, so you formatted your HD and now use Avast?

Speedy Gonzales
04-02-2009, 11:14 PM
No, the 2 errors came up, when ESS was installed, everytime I went into a networked folder

As I said, it was posted on the Eset forum as an issue, until the latest update came out for it. BUT, for some reason these 2 errors still appeared here

But, it may not be a NOD32 issue, it maybe an MS one. Thats why I posted a link (that may fix it), if you have a multiprocessor system

gary67
05-02-2009, 06:40 AM
I run ESS and so far no errors on this dual core machine but thanks Speedy will keep on eye on things for now with this in mind