PDA

View Full Version : UBD4 Windows.

B.M.
02-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Further problems, this time with UBD4 Windows. :crying

Ok, everything supposedly burnt OK and the disk boots up and runs fine.

However, Iíve just been going through all the tools and I canít find a MemTest anywhere?

RegCleaner is there but wonít work

Hijack This is greyed out and I could have sworn I saw CCleaner during the build process but it doesnít appear anywhere on the disk.

Anyone familiar with this programme shed any light on the problem?

This thread is a follow on from the windows/system32/config/system one I started which really deals with a different subject, hence I thought Iíd better start a new one. ;)

nedkelly
02-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Hey B.M. it is under Disk Tools -> Security -> CCleaner

pcuser42
02-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Is this UBCD4Win? When it asks you what to do (start UBCD4Win, start from drive C: etc), select MemTest from there. HTH :)

wainuitech
02-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Geek time :nerd:

Booting from the CD - The latest version ( which you will have)

memtest--- Start/programs/System Information/ Stress and benchmark Tools / memtest --- type in the amount of memory you want it to test, it wont test it all as the CD is using some of it.
You are better to get the bootable CD from Memtest and run from that.

Regcleaner - Start/ Registry Tools/Reg Cleaner / Click YES to load in users reg Files, select the one you want.

Hijack this - grayed out but is there - Ccleaner - again not showing in the menu's but is there - Double click My Computer on desktop / X:UBCD4Win ( CD DRIVE) Programs -- Scroll down locate the folder you want and Cceaner and Hijack This will run from their folders.

NEDKELLY -- you may be using an older version, it was there earlier on, but the latest version, ( as Far As I know) just remade it last week ITS NOT there (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Not_Ccleaner.jpg) Cant find it anywhere in the menus either.

WARNING:
Just remember this is a handy program for fixing PC faults, BUT programs like hijackThis, Ccleaner should really be run from the actual PC, not the CD - Some of these programs you need to redirect to the C: drive to work.

And be careful, do the wrong thing and it can stuff your OS in the process.

Mostly I personally use it only to get a PC to a bootable state, then work from the PC.

B.M.
02-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks guys, :thanks

found them all along with a 100 others that I have no idea what they do. :lol:

Anyway, they all can be found taking the Desktop/My Computer/CDÖÖ/ route.

RegCleaner will not start from the tools list but starts fine using the former route.

I agree WT, there are a few programmes on there that would cause mayhem to the young ďclick it and see geeksĒ. :) Wipe Disk comes to mind. :D

wainuitech
02-02-2009, 05:49 PM
B.M - the last line you wrote - does the phrase " I didn't touch anything - Honest" come to mind :lol:

B.M.
02-02-2009, 05:55 PM
B.M - the last line you wrote - does the phrase " I didn't touch anything - Honest" come to mind :lol:

Yes, along with a "Tui" Add. :lol:

B.M.
03-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Having dived further into the depths of this CD I find options to update various programmes like AVís Spybot etc.

How does that work? :confused:

The CD is full and finalised so not much chance there. What are they talking about?

The programmes are running from the disk and not installed so Iím bushed. :confused:

It's been bothering me so I figured I'd just have to ask. :D

stormdragon
03-02-2009, 09:10 AM
IIRC all the updates are simply 'saved' to the ramdisk.

B.M.
03-02-2009, 09:23 AM
IIRC all the updates are simply 'saved' to the ramdisk.

Ahhhh, got ya. :thanks