PDA

View Full Version : webcam wont "cam"

miknz
01-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a dse webcam (http://www.dse.co.nz/dse.shop/49855d81012dc200273fc0a87f3b0689/Product/View/XH5221) and have had it for a while and today decided to crank it out and get in touch with some rellies in Aussie. I installed driver from the website, and did everything the pdf told me to do but cant seem to get the bloody thing going, microphone works fine, skype tells me I have no cam connected but still allows me to configure the mircophone that is part of the webcam, anyone got any ideas? running winxp

cheers

Mik

Renmoo
01-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Try:

1) A different USB port?
2) A different computer?
3) A generic driver for webcam?

Cheers :)

wainuitech
01-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Skype on its own when doing a test wont load a Cam - you need to have a chat box open - it does allow voice setup though.

In the software that comes with the DSE Cam there should have been a Video Program called Arcsoft VideoImpression - that's one way of testing the CAM. BUT its on CD, and as far as I know not down loadable.

There is bound to be some other Cam /editing software about that will do the same. The drivers from DSE site are only to run the CAM, not to actually allow capture/viewing.

Speedy Gonzales
01-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Most cams will also work in my computer (if the drivers have been installed properly, and if its WIA compliant)

Does it show an icon here, and does it show a pic, if you double click on it?

miknz
02-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Tried another usb and still no go, in the setup of skype it says “no camera detected”.
Strange, I uninstalled it again, reinstalled it and then plugged it into a different usb and still no go