PDA

View Full Version : Stumped

ruup
27-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi bought my new computer,it has a Asus ENGTX 280 1GB PCI-E Video card in it,running Vista Home Premium,all was fine until this morning when I turned on the computer and the size had changed,when I tried to change it back to my preferred settings I found that I couldn't.I updated the drivers and retarted only to have no signal at all.Started in safe mode and deleted the drivers.The computer is now running at the correct size but it displays as Vista Basic,with no apparent way to enable Vista Premium settings.Every time I install Nvida drivers I get a blank screen. HELP! please.:help:

Blam
27-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Sounds like a faulty card..do you have another card to test?

Or does your mobo have onboard gfx...if it does, use that for now?

wainuitech
27-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Have you tried putting back in the original Drivers that came with the card - what seems strange - just looked on the Asus site - for that card they supply drivers for XP but NOT vista.

To enable Vista Aero you right click the desktop/personalize / Window and Color Appearance / Open Classic Appearance link thats on the page, then select Aero (as shown Here (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Apperance.jpg))

ruup
27-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Hi,yes I have tried the original disc with the same result.I have tried to change the settings as shown,but there is no Windows Aero on the list.
Thanks for the input.
The lastest driver I used was this one :181.22_geforce_winvista_64bit_english_whql.Is this the correct one?

:thanks

Cheers

Speedy Gonzales
27-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Are you using Vista 64 bit? If youre not then no theyre the wrong drivers

ruup
28-01-2009, 06:26 AM
Hi,I have Vista 64 bit.
Thanks

kersonan
28-01-2009, 12:22 PM
by any chance is your monitor connected DVI to HDMI at the monitor end?

ruup
28-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi,the monitor is connected by a white,multi pinned cable.

cheers

SolMiester
28-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi,the monitor is connected by a white,multi pinned cable.

cheers

thats DVI - you need to change your windows update setting to windows only, I imagine windows update has gone and included drivers as well as system updates. Go to nvidia web site and down load the correct drivers, then uninstall the card from the device manager and uninstall the nvidia drivers in add remove programs, reboot and use the nvidia package you downloaded.....