PDA

View Full Version : Calling Wainui - again. Outlook Recovery Toolbox

wratterus
27-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Wainui, I remember a while back you said you'd used this (http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/outlook.html) software.

I've got a corrupted PST file, and running that program through it appears to see everything in there, including contacts.

Customer is happy with the almost $100 cost (darned exchange rate!) but I wanted to check with someone who's actually used it before purchasing.

Did it work well for you? Buying it wasn't a problem?

Thanks mate. :)

wainuitech
27-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Good afternoon - Wainuitech speaking, how may I help you :p :lol:

Bad enough you HAVE to be polite when answering the phone ;)

Yep that program worked fine on several occasions the version I have is 1.0.2.10, the biggest recovery I have done using it was 2.3Gb - the PC had office 2000 - which outlook corrupts at 2Gb.

Transaction went smooth as silk - no problems at all.

From memory the only thing it didn't recover was the calender and email account details - and recovering just over 2Gb of emails was not a fast process - but it did it fine.

wratterus
27-01-2009, 12:36 PM
:p

Thats great - thanks heaps. :thumbs:

They don't need the calendar and the email account details are still in Outlook, so this will be ideal.

wratterus
27-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Worked a charm.

Blam
27-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hijackthis thread, but I was wondering if there were any freeware alternatives.

I'm kinda guessing not, cause if there was, wrat would have used it instead:lol

Oh well...
Blam

wainuitech
27-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Sorry to hijackthis thread, but I was wondering if there were any freeware alternatives.

I'm kinda guessing not, cause if there was, wrat would have used it instead:lol

Oh well...
Blam Its not hijacking - its a valid point - free is always good especially if they work.

At the time I did try several others 1 or 2 free ones, but they simply didn't read what was required, after searching for about a day and a half, I bit the bullet as the saying goes and purchased recovery toolbox - after the trial located the files, which was more than some of the other ones I tried.

The person I brought the Software for wasn't interested in having it He only needed his mail - but being fair I told him I would lower the cost of my service charge since he said I could keep the software. He said Ok knock of 25% of the cost of the software from my fee :thumbs:

Good to see it worked for you as well wratterus.

Blam
27-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Its not hijacking - its a valid point - free is always good especially if they work.

At the time I did try several others 1 or 2 free ones, but they simply didn't read what was required, after searching for about a day and a half, I bit the bullet as the saying goes and purchased recovery toolbox - after the trial located the files, which was more than some of the other ones I tried.

The person I brought the Software for wasn't interested in having it He only needed his mail - but being fair I told him I would lower the cost of my service charge since he said I could keep the software. He said Ok knock of 25% of the cost of the software from my fee :thumbs:

Good to see it worked for you as well wratterus.

Dayum.:o

Thanks anyways wanui;)

wratterus
27-01-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm glad too. :p

Yep - nothing free that I could find.

We met the customer half way with the price, everyone's happy with that and I have the software for next time.

Blam
27-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Lucky Bastard:p