PDA

View Full Version : changing the lens on a projector

chiefnz
20-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Hi guys,

I have a NE MT800G projector. it works fine except for the fact that the lens has a huge level of magnification... I think that's what it's called.... in other words the projector needs to be place a helluva distance from the screen... i'm talking 20m + here.

What I want to know is... Is it possible to change the lens so that it can be used at a close range. I have checked the zoom on the projector and that had been set to normal, but I can't get it smaller... even on it's lowest setting the projected image cannot be seen properly.

Any suggestions will be great.

Thanks.

Renmoo
20-01-2009, 02:13 PM
NEC MT800G, clarification :)

Q man
20-01-2009, 02:45 PM
How long have you had it.

Most projectors get bigger the further you get away from the screen, are you saying at 5 metres the screen is to small.

On the lense itself it should have a fine adjustment for clarity and a zoom adjustment aswell to make the screen size smaller and larger. By soom I mean through the lense not digital zoom like in the options screen

SolMiester
21-01-2009, 07:18 AM
Hi chief, its called a throw distance......my Sony S20 is around 3-4 meters for 100".
I'm not sure how you would go about changing the throw distance via the lens as you are correct in thinking the focus will play a part in the equation also.....

20m sure is along distance, is that a commercial projector for halls or something?....

chiefnz
21-01-2009, 08:28 AM
20m sure is along distance, is that a commercial projector for halls or something?....

Yes that's right, it was originally in a large conference hall.
The image get's smaller the closer you have it to the screen as well as more out of focus.

Having said that... I spoke to the guys at NEC who told me they can change the lamp and adjust the projector to suit but this is more expensive than actually purchasing a new projector... so I guess that's what i'll do now.. look for a new unit.

thanks for your rsponses.

Cheers,