PDA

View Full Version : No black printing with Canon Pixma MP240

KerryDP
19-01-2009, 02:39 PM
We bought a Canon Pixma MP240 printer/scanner/copier from Harvey Norman, just three weeks ago.

Last week we finally got around to plugging it in. Installed everything fine, drivers are all current, and the scanner part of the device works well.

However, it does NOT print anything involving the black ink cartridge. Even though the software tells me that there is 'adaquete link' in the printer, and it never produces an 'out of ink' error. The cartridge is brand new, and definately has ink in it.

So, why won't the Canon print anything? I've been through all of their support site info, and the only step available now is to get it serviced.

wratterus
19-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Always start simple - you took the plastic covering off the bottom of the ink cartridge?

KerryDP
19-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Indeed I did. Have checked the cartridges a few times since for any blockages, but they have never been toucher by anything apart from the printer.

I don't think it is a driver problem, as I also cannot copy in grayscale (and you can copy documents with the computer turned off).

wratterus
19-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Yep, I own/have sold/used over 40 of these (and the MP210) and never had one issue. I'd ring Canon, if they say to get it serviced then take it back to HN and say "It don't work".

plod
19-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Have you tried canon utility test print?