PDA

View Full Version : Computer Freezing

09-06-2001, 06:42 PM
I got a new computer a couple of months ago. My computer freezes unpredicatably (when I am using any program at all). It is happening more frequently until I have a problem starting the computer up at all. It gets to the point where it takes over half an hour just to start it up.

I took it back to the store and they repartitioned the hard drive and reinstalled Windows ME. It was running fine for a week, and now the freezing problem is starting again.

I am running Windows ME, PIII, 128 MB Ram.

Is there any suggestions on what I can do to solve my problem? Any help will be appreciated.

11-06-2001, 07:40 PM
Have you installed any software within that week of good performance? If you have not changed anything then it's likely to be a hardware problem, or they have misconfigured the system.

What does it do when it takes all that time to start up? Scandisk? Also does the mouse pointer keep moving when frozen?

11-06-2001, 08:44 PM
Thanks for responding.

When the computer freezes, the mouse pointer does not move.

When it take half an hour to start up, that time is taken by continually turning the power off and on because it keeps freezing. Sorry, I should have phrased it better in my original post.

I had installed an antivirus program and a firewall.