PDA

View Full Version : My compaq presario v3000 laptop needs help please!!!

compaq
17-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Hi all,

i use my compaq presario v3000 for internet surfing. But suddenly one fine night it just shut off and unable to boot up. So i went on to take out the battery and put it back again still it doesn't work, when i plug my charger and try to boot up again, still it doesn't work. All of my top lights including audio, volume, on/off button and video lights did not came on. The only light i saw is when i plug in the charger pin.

It looks so dead, because when i surf the related forums for compaq v3000, most of the people who have the 'unable to boot up' problem will at least have the top lights on while my doesn't.

i am a self-employed, and have some important data in it. Anyone who is able to help me out or give me an answer please email to adrianng.realty@gmail.com as i seldom log on to this forum.

hope to hear from you guys soon.

Best Regards

Adrian

Speedy Gonzales
17-01-2009, 09:18 AM
I doubt people will email you. It'll be better to come back here, to check for replies

WHAT does it do??? Does it bring up the post screen / does it beep more than once / show any errors, when you turn it on and it tries to boot?

Depending on what kind of hdd is in it, take it out and connect it to a working system. And see if windows recognises it / you can see the data on it

Driftwood
17-01-2009, 09:21 AM
If you have important data on it, get someone who knows what they are doing to save it for you before you start trying to fix it.

compaq
17-01-2009, 09:23 AM
I doubt people will email you. It'll be better to come back here, to check for replies

Alright i will come back and check for reply then

WHAT does it do??? Does it bring up the post screen / does it beep more than once / show any errors, when you turn it on and it tries to boot?

it doesn't show any errors at all it just dead no lights no display nothing...

Depending on what kind of hdd is in it, take it out and connect it to a working system. And see if windows recognises it / you can see the data on it

sorry but i am not an expertise in this area, what is a working system?

Speedy Gonzales
17-01-2009, 09:28 AM
sorry but i am not an expertise in this area, what is a working system?

One thats working / one that can boot. Like the one youre using now

pctek
17-01-2009, 04:40 PM
You can remove the hard drive easy enough and retrieve your stuff.
The laptop is dead. Power problem, or motherboard problem, fairly major I'd say without seeing it.

beama
17-01-2009, 07:44 PM
this may sound silly but sometimes works, take the battrey out disconnect from power press and hold down the power button for 20 secounds, put battrey back, contect to power and try powering on.

as for the data recovery do as pctek says remove hard drive and either caddy it or slave on another machine