PDA

View Full Version : How to use a monitor's speaker/s?

JOEJG
17-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Okay I've stopped bothering with my soundcard problems, I believe the speakers have gone and blown on me.

How would I go about using the monitor speakers at the front? It's a iiyama Vision Master Pro 454. And I have a Multivision computer/tower.

Thanks.

pctek
17-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Plug them into your PC

JOEJG
17-01-2009, 08:56 AM
They are attached to the monitor. I wish to use them, and I've installed the cable that connects the monitor to the PC, plus can hear it click when connected. Yet no volume comes on, all my volume controls are fine. Though I've got ''No Audio Device'' since the Multimedia Audio Controller it finds is always buggy and trying to install itself. I've also enabled my Realtek AC'97 in the BIOS to get these updates. I just don't know what to do or if I need a software/program?

I've installed latest driver and software from the site, but there's nothing that allows volume to enter through the monitor. There's 2 speakers that are part of the monitor's front if you check the model.

Speedy Gonzales
17-01-2009, 09:07 AM
If its saying no audio, the drivers arent installed (or theyre the wrong ones)

If you go into control panel / run sounds and audio devices, then go to the audio tab, if you click on the down arrow at the end. does anything else appear here?

If nothing else appears here, and all its saying is no audio, you'll have to install the right drivers, before you get sound

Enabling the audio in the BIOS doesnt update the drivers, it enables the audio.

So, it works in windows.

Thats once the drivers have been installed

If it still wont work, (with the right drivers), the soundcard is probably dead

Whats the brand / model of the system / motherboard??

pctek
17-01-2009, 04:42 PM
I've installed the cable that connects the monitor to the PCThough I've got ''No Audio Device'' .

Thats all you need to do with the speakers.
The problem now is with your onboard (or separate) sound card.

Get a new one if messing with the drivers isn't fixing it.

JOEJG
18-01-2009, 01:59 AM
Well what it was before was Creative software. Creative Audigy 2 sounblaster. But after the disc being badly damaged and unuseable, I looked online and tried various downloads, but none were working even when installed properly. So I just decided to go with the monitor speakers and unplugged my 4 other speakers for Creative and the 1subwoofer, too. However, one point last week I managed to get the speakers working when downloading this Multimedia Audio Controller through the install driver option on windows. Though once the computer was turned off and back on, no volume was there yet the driver remained. So perhaps it's on its last legs.

My computer is about 8 years old if that has an effect. It's a Multivision, but I don't know the exact model, I'll check when I get there tonight.

JOEJG
18-01-2009, 02:15 AM
Also note that downloading Multimedia Audio Controller, gives me the exclamation warning in device manager. And this ''Game port'' driver conflicts as well. Yet the above, MAC, has actually worked before. This is what I don't really understand unless it has really died on me.

Speedy Gonzales
18-01-2009, 03:06 AM
A creative Audigy doesnt sound like its the onboard sound.

Disable the onboard soundcard (Realtek AC'97) in the BIOS.

Uninstall the Realtek AC'97 drivers.

It sounds like its conflicting with this creative audigy card. Uninstall ALL of the drivers you've installed for this creative audigy card (that have failed)

Out of ALL of the sites you downloaded drivers for this creative audigy card, did you ACTUALLY go to the creative site itself. Then download the drivers?

You DONT go to ANY site and download any driver, and expect it to work. It wont

JOEJG
18-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I went to the official site and tried those a while back, but never worked. And the only other site I tried downloading from was download.com

Trev
18-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Download the first drivers in the list here http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=1&subCatID=205&prodID=149&prodName=Audigy%202&subCatName=Audigy&CatName=Sound+Blaster I run a Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card.
:)

JOEJG
19-01-2009, 01:43 AM
I can try when I get time on the comp. But the ZS I'm sure I've tried before from download.com