PDA

View Full Version : Can't open PDF file

jcright
16-01-2009, 05:56 AM
Recently I haven't been able to open a pdf file from my outlook. It is really strange. I am using acrobat 5 and outlook 2000. I don't believe either one has been updated recently.

At first my problem was intermittent. Sometimes it would open the file and sometimes it ask if I wanted to save the file to my harddrive or just open it with an application. If I chose to save it to my harddrive I would get an error. If i chose to open the file then it would take me to c:\WINDOWS\system32. Now it isn't even asking me if I want to open/save, it is taking me right to the c:\WINDOWS\system32.

It doesn't seem to matter how old the file is. I have some e-mails that go back two years and I can't open the pdf's.

One last thing, I can open any pdf document that is not in an e-mail. So pdf files that I have on my desktop work just fine. Also, I can forward the e-mails to my yahoo account and open those files from my yahoo account.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

John

gary67
16-01-2009, 06:37 AM
have you tried another PDF program such as Foxit pdf which is free, possibly there is a corruption in your outlook program. Have you scanned for malware. What operating system is it XP or Win 2000?

lakewoodlady
16-01-2009, 10:22 AM
>I am using acrobat 5 and outlook 2000. I don't believe either one has been updated recently.<

This could be your problem.

LL

PENTIUM
16-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Sounds like it is time for a clean up.l