PDA

View Full Version : Making the Taskbar double height all the time!

Adrain
12-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Hi there!
I've recently bought a 22in flatscreen monitor, so have a bit of 'real estate' to play with. I decided that I would have the Taskbar permanatly at twice it's 'normal' height. It would display time, day AND date, plus all the little icons would double up! Actually they go into three lines, saving more space! Also, any program, folder whatever would not need to go in to the "although I'm only showing one 'tab', four of me are open" style. Er, so for instance if four explorer windows are open at the same time, it only shows one 'tab' type thing in the Taskbar if it is only 'one' (or normal) high! I know that can be 'forced' to stay as one showing for each folder open, but I don't want to do that.

However, once the computer is turned off and then back on later, it returns to 'normal' or just one (not double height) high! Any anwsers (if the example I made is clear) for this and getting it to stay permanatly 'two' high? Editing the registry is ok with me!
Regards,
Adrain :o

wratterus
12-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Do you lock the taskbar once getting it to where you want it?

Adrain
13-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Hey there wratterus!
Yup! Everytime!
I think there is somewhere in the Registry (or maybe I have to 'create' it) that forces the Taskbar to be a certain height. But I don't want to go blithly adding to it as I am happy editing and adding if directed to do, but not on my own, a?
:D