PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone / Telecom

Adamnz
11-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Hi, I,ve just had an idea and need help to put it into practice. Here's the problem: Both Vodafone & Telecom have two basic txt plans. A plan where you get 2000txts but can only txt one network or a 500txt plan where you can txt either network. I have friends on both networks and dont mind being on either txt500 plan so I can txt either network but the problem is depending on which phone I use (I have vodafone & Telecom) Some of my friends will not reply as they are on the txt2000 plan. I really dont like carrying around two phones but could see no other option.

Heres my idea, Would it be possible to either modify a telecom phone or interface it to a computer and set it up to fwd EVERY txt it recieved to my vodafone. I would then only carry around my vodaphone and be able to txt both networks AND recieve reply's from both networks.

Are there any other forums I could post this on? (sorry if this is in the wrong cat)
Any input would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

ronyville
11-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Only thing I can think of is getting a phone that allows you to put 2 sims in it. There's a few available on trademe, I just had a look.

SolMiester
11-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Only thing I can think of is getting a phone that allows you to put 2 sims in it. There's a few available on trademe, I just had a look.

Man, i thought that would be a hot idea...a phone with 2 sims, 1 for work, 1 for personal........

didnt know it was available now.....now to get a Blackberry to do that!!!

Adamnz
11-01-2009, 09:31 PM

Great Idea BUT Telecom sadly don't use sims!!

SolMiester
11-01-2009, 09:33 PM
yes, quite right.....but my Blackberry isnt Telecoms!!!, So 2 vodaphone sims would do me just fine!

gary67
12-01-2009, 05:46 AM
Telecom will be using sims once they change their phones to the same system as vodafone use