PDA

View Full Version : Different Xbox models

sunaami
10-01-2009, 06:21 PM
What are the different types of Xbox consoles? I want to buy a Xbox for the holidays. But i go into gamestop and see tons of different Xbox 360 consoles for different prices that all look the same. Then there is this elite thing. Can someone please explain the prices for all of them, and why they are different? Is it memory?

Chilling_Silence
10-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi sunaami, welcome to PressF1

Ive taken this off the old "Is it worthwhile modding my xbox" thread and created it as a new one.
Generally if the subject is different, or its a new "instance" of a problem, its worth creating a new thread ;)

samnorr
10-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Arcade = Console and controller white in colour, least expensive, 256 MB memory card, no hard drive, composite AV cable, no ethernet cable included, five Live Arcade games included.

Pro/Standard = Console and controller white in colour, middle priced, no memory card, 60GB hard drive, component/composite AV cable, ethernet cable included, white wired headset.

Elite = Console and controller black in colour, most expensive, no memory card, 120GB hard drive, HDMI/component/composite AV cables, ethernet cable included, black wired head set.

All three versions come with one wireless controller, and all are completely upgradeable - eg, the Arcade could later be upgraded with a bigger hard drive and HDMI cable, and so on. Check out the table on the official website here (http://www.xbox.com/en-NZ/hardware/console101.htm)

Curbd
16-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Trust me, get a hard drive with it.
Personally I wouldn't recommend the arcade version of it - a friend has/had one and everything went wrong with it. Could have been a one off but I can't know for sure.
Heres some things that happened:
*AV lead didn't allow for HD tv's,
*AV lead was broken on arrival
*Xbox red ringed within a day or two without playing any intense games
*Xbox red ringed again (this shouldn't happen after they've fixed it!)
*Without a hard drive he cannot play many games, as they require a hard drive to store data (such as oblivion game of the year edition)

Oh and note that the arcade version (from memory) doesn't have a chrome (fake plastic chrome) plate covering the CD tray, instead it's a plain boring white one. I didn't put this in the list because really who can care less about looks if it does what you want eh!?!

Best of luck

Blam
16-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Get the smaller hard drive version and upgrade the hard driver later.

Lots of tutorial online