PDA

View Full Version : Problems with a Motherboard Upgrade

08-06-2001, 02:10 PM
I recently upgraded my motherboard from an Abit BX6rev2.0 to a ASUS CUBX-E to acomadate my new Celeron 733 (the current BX6rev2.0 bios only supports Celereon 500). Since the upgrade I have been getting a number of quirks. Firstly the Bios suggests that I have the wrong processor speed set, even though it is in Soft-Menu (Jumperless). The next problem concerns the Video Card (Nvidia TNT2 32MB)... when i start up it will sometimes display in 1024x768 , as I want, and other times 640x480 - 256 Colors. The motherboard also sounds out a long been, which according to the MBoard manual suggests a problem with the Video Card. Is the card knackered or do I have to set something through the Bios?

Any help would be appreciated.

08-06-2001, 02:48 PM
Hi Brendon,

A single long beep can be caused by the system not detecting a monitor attached. If the card exhibits no other strange behaviour then I'd say it's OK. It might be the lack of plug and play monitor detection causing windows to run in the default resolution. If you manually select the processor speed does it remove the warning about the speed? There doesn't appear to be any new bios updates available for your system, though it's likely that this would be the case if your problem was common.
good luck