PDA

View Full Version : pc is dead!



07-06-2001, 03:40 PM
i have my desktop pc plugged in to a grade 2 zap catcher( along with the monitor , and various peripherals, ) which is connect via an extension lead to the wall socket.

recenlty whilst my wife was reconnecting the extension lead to the power board, there was a brief electrical fizzing sound from the to plugs and a couple of little blue sparks - and simultaneously what she described as a heavy thud from the region of the pc and montior ( the pc master switch was on , and 'boot on power on' disabled) since that reconnection we have been unalbe to start the pc at all it seems completedly dead????

in contrast all the power board is funcitoning normally with no spike indicated and all the peripheries are happy also...
on inspection of the guts noelectrical sorching is visible???

08-06-2001, 10:35 AM
sounds like u may have spiked it. if you are lucky you may have just popped the power supply fuse which is usually soldered on to the power supply pcb board. go see a tech.

note- those zap catcher are bloody useless get a real surge protector. i recommend pannamax. expensive but good.