PDA

View Full Version : enable/disable secondary screen

lagbort
30-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Ok so here is the setup, I have my pc running vista 32bit attached to my 22" monitor as well as to the 40" hdtv, normally the HDtv is off and i just run the monitor, but when I want to enable the HDtv and watch a movie I have to go through the vista display settings menu which is not exactly an elegant solution.

Leaving the HDtv enabled in vista and merely turning it off isnt an option either as the mouse still disappears off the side of the screen onto the hdtv causing me all sorts of hassle.

So I guess what I am asking is if there is a simple way i can setup a hotkey or something similar to enable/disable the output to the HDtv without having to go through the normal display settings menu.

Both screens are running from an 8800gt, the monitor is DVI-DVI and the HDtv is DVI-HDMI

Thanks in advance

pctek
30-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Your Nvidia control panel has the ability to assign hotkeys to stuff. Have you had a look at it?

wratterus
30-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Your Nvidia control panel has the ability to assign hotkeys to stuff. Have you had a look at it?

x2.

I just use the method the OP mentioned, don't really have a problem with it, but the Nvidia control panel ought to be able to sort out something. :)

lagbort
30-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah I have had a look through the nvidia control panel as I have seen it mentioned a couple of times when I have googled this, however i cant find anything helpful in it

SolMiester
30-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Read the HELP menu!!

lagbort
30-12-2008, 02:04 PM
I actually just did, no mention in the help menu (yes using the search) of hotkey, hot or anything else useful i can find

pctek
30-12-2008, 02:46 PM
http://www.fransatech.com/whats-news/2007/7/16/toggle-to-tv-mode-w-nvidia.html

lagbort
30-12-2008, 02:56 PM
http://www.fransatech.com/whats-news/2007/7/16/toggle-to-tv-mode-w-nvidia.html

that works fine under XP but with vista the nview display manager doesnt appear to exist, and there is no hotkeys tab...

I remeber I while ago I had a program that added a whole bunch of multi monitor features for vista, and I believe hotkeys was one of them, however i now cant find the software or even remember what it was called grrrrrr

lagbort
30-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Just managed to sort it, a program called ultramon does everything I need, provides me with a simple right click -> enable/disable secondary screen