PDA

View Full Version : emails with auto dialup scripts

06-06-2001, 05:32 PM
several email newsletters I receive appear to have scripts in them which automatically try to dial up their web site. This is very annoying as the dial-up connection in outlook express won't cancel and just hangs there. Any suggestions of settings I can adjust to block the auto dail up scripts?

06-06-2001, 08:10 PM
Nick,

The emails you are talking about are trying to download their graphics. I haven't been able to find a setting that stops Outlook from doing this, however the way around it that I use is leave the dialup window alone, and click on the Outlook window.

This puts the dialup to the back, and lets you continue using Outlook. The other option is to delete the offending email.

If any others know how to turn this feature off, I would be interested in it myself.

Bill

06-06-2001, 11:48 PM
...although it removes practical functionality, enabling (check mark) the function box 'never dial a connection' will provide one work around(*). This also works for sites downloaded to view off-line and that want to connect when opened.

(*) In Internet Explorer go: Tools > Internet Options > Connections tab > check box > Apply/Okay.