PDA

View Full Version : Clash between my wireless router and phone modem !!!! Help

LTfreak
24-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Hey !

I bought a wireless router D-Link DKT-410 from pc world. My internet connection is by a Virgin Modem. However the phone line I am using right now has to be connected to the internet in order to work (Vonage). Now the problem is for me to connect the wireless router I have to plug the Ethernet port from my internet modem to my wireless router, and from there I have to plug the other Ethernet cable to my pc. My phone line works only through plugging the internet modem Ethernet port to my phone line (Vonage modem).

So is there any other way I can use my phone line and the wireless router at the same time?

Is there any chance I can have two Ethernet ports on my mother port?

Please help

Thanks

lakewoodlady
24-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Sounds like you need something like a telephone adapter. I have a Linksys PAP2T, my phone plugs into that and then there is an ethernet going to my wireless router which plugs into the back of the PC. There is a phone cable which goes from the router to the phone jack.
I think Vonage is similar to Xnet Fusion which I use, voice over the broadband connection.

LL

gary67
24-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Welcome to PF1 LTfreak

Yes you need a phone line filter that allows you to plug your phone into one the sockets on it and your router into the other, they will be labelled phone and ADSL you should be able to get them from somewhere like Curry's or Dixons maybe Comet. Moved here to NZ in 01 so not sure which shops are still trading over there in the UK