PDA

View Full Version : One website takes forever to open all other ok

kandrew009
18-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Can someone help me? I have two problems:
1) theweathernetwork.com takes forever to open on my laptop. I can open it quite quickly on my pc but on the laptop it takes forever and frequently takes so long that it times out. Once in a while it will open quickly but only if some weird log in to MSN Live ID dialog box is open when I am in the documents and settings. OR THIS MIGHT JUST BE A COINCIDENCE.
2) What is that login MSN Live dialog box and why does it pop up?
Thank you so much,
Kristina

Speedy Gonzales
18-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Have you scanned it for viruses / malware ?

kandrew009
18-12-2008, 07:25 PM
I scanned it for a virus and recycler something long xop32.exe came up. I rebooted in safemode and removed the registry file. Rescanned and it was gone. I have deleted all cookies, history, temp and temp internet files. I haven't done a malware scan, what is that? I just did the online norton and panda security scan.
Thank you so much for the suggestion anymore???
Kristina

GameJunkie
18-12-2008, 07:47 PM
get malwarebytes to scan for malware

Speedy Gonzales
18-12-2008, 07:57 PM
And disable system restore if this is XP, then reboot

Then get malwarebytes below and hijackthis then post a log

And get trojan remover as well below. Update all tick on scan, then select all options under utilities in trojan remover

GameJunkie
18-12-2008, 08:03 PM
what speedy said :D

kandrew009
18-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Thank you so much... I think. I removed a couple of registry files and I can open the website now. How strange? Well I really appreciate your suggestion and I hope that it stays fixed tomorrow morning. I have had this recycler thing on my computer forever and it's always reinfecting. All my best I hope you have a great day or evening where ever you are.
Cheers,
Kristina

Blam
19-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Does that MSN Window still open up?
If it does:

Click tools(at the menu bar)>Options>Click "General" on the left hand side">untick "Open Windows Live Messenger when Windows Live Messenger Starts