PDA

View Full Version : QMB?

dian77
10-12-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm thinking o buying a few items from QMB Computers and I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with them before?

Thanks ;)

Metla
10-12-2008, 09:15 PM
I have used them many many times.

Quick service, good prices.

I had a little issue with them over some ram, But after holding a grudge for a couple of years I got over it. They were probably in the right anyway.

Blam
10-12-2008, 09:15 PM
I always go there-run by chinese people *surprise*
They're OK with service, so far I've only had one bad incident with them.
I'd bought a pinnacle tuner but when I got home I found out the box had been opened and the driver CD had been replaced with a fake pirated one....put me off them slightly.

Their prices are OK, I wouldn't go there to get your PC fixed though...their english is #$%^&^

dian77
10-12-2008, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE=Metla;734260
I had a little issue with them over some ram, But after holding a grudge for a couple of years I got over it. They were probably in the right anyway.[/QUOTE]

Just curious what was the issue?
Your replies are real quick. Fastest response on any forum that I have been on.

Thanks ;)

Chilling_Silence
10-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Ive been using them for some 6-7 years now ... They've had their moments for sure, but Ive got a dealers account with them so their pricing kicks butt :D

Definitely recommend them :)

Jester
10-12-2008, 09:20 PM
I echo the positive comments. I have bought from them, and when a CDRW died they replaced it no hassle. English is a problem but they decipher emails ok :)

dian77
10-12-2008, 09:21 PM
English is a problem but they decipher emails ok :)

Haha.
Thanks for replies. They're all appreciated.

qazwsxokmijn
10-12-2008, 10:08 PM
An ex-employee is an online scammer. Never a victim myself, but he did snare someone I know.

Metla
10-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Just curious what was the issue?
Your replies are real quick. Fastest response on any forum that I have been on.

Thanks ;)

The ram I bought was making my system crash and throwing up errors in memtest, I sent it back, They tested it, It ran memtest with no errors for them, technician put it on the shelf,went and asked boss what to do, boss was out, technician went onto next job, My ram was left on the shelf.....

Took a number of weeks and a few phone calls and a dozen emails, Only for them to remember it was stashed on shelf, and then send me a bill for postage and testing.

I got a little mad.

Told them to shove their stick of ram up their backsides.

That was about 5 years ago, And I have started buying from them again in the last 12 months.

Its entirely plausible that my motherboard just wasn't compatible with that stick of ram, I had seen dozens and dozens of such clashes before and after the event, It just didn't fit into what I wanted.....