PDA

View Full Version : Default Windows font

04-06-2001, 09:09 AM
I have customised my Windows 98 setup by going to Display-Appearance-- changing the colours, fonts, etc.

But for the life of me I can't stop Windows using Times New Roman 8(?) pt sometimes- for example in info boxes that pop up. I have changed every font in the appearance tab from Times, but it's still there.

Any suggestions?

04-06-2001, 09:28 AM
Hi Jack,

You can have a lot of fun playing with the system colours, but there are a couple of places you need to go to change things back.

The first is in the control panel called Desktop Themes, the other is the Display Settings.

Goto your desktop and right click seleting Properties. Int the properties screen, select appearance, and from the item menu choose Tooltip. In the dropdown below this, select the font you want displayed.

Hope this helps.

Bill

04-06-2001, 03:36 PM
Thanks for your help.
Yep, I checked *every* font in the Appearances tab and they are all Arial.

Another place where it is Times New Roman is on all the buttons (Ok, Cancel, etc)

06-06-2001, 04:36 PM
Jack,

Not sure if you have already solved your problem, but the next place to check is the desktop themes.

It takes a while to get used to, but you can apply multiple themes to one desktop.

Let me know if your problem is still there, and I'll go through the fix with you.

Bill

06-06-2001, 08:19 PM
No, I haven't solved it yet... I have tried applying different themes to Windows, but nothing seems to change that. Btw, I have Windows 98 SE.

Cheers,

Jack