PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good media centre that does freeview HD and Analogue?

davidmmac
09-12-2008, 09:03 PM
I currently have Powercinema which works but is rubbish (it takes ages to load, sometimes forgets to record programs, etc). Today I tried media portal which keeps crashing whenever I click on the myTv button (there was one time when it didn't, but I was presented with some error about trying to find the right server).
Does anyone know of a good media centre that displays both freeview HD and normal analogue tv. I have a Hauppauge Win-TV HVR-900H (USB) tv tuner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CYaBro
09-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Have you looked at GB-PVR?

psycik
10-12-2008, 08:18 AM
I currently have Powercinema which works but is rubbish (it takes ages to load, sometimes forgets to record programs, etc). Today I tried media portal which keeps crashing whenever I click on the myTv button (there was one time when it didn't, but I was presented with some error about trying to find the right server).
Does anyone know of a good media centre that displays both freeview HD and normal analogue tv. I have a Hauppauge Win-TV HVR-900H (USB) tv tuner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Agree with above on gbpvr, I use it. But in saying that you may have issues the the analogue side as most windows based PVR software do not entirely like the soft encoding tuner cards (ie do not have a dedicated mpeg2 encoding chip for analogue channels - Prime).

But in saying that, people have had some success.

davidmmac
10-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Any other ideas? The GB-PVR website is down at the moment.

psycik
10-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Any other ideas? The GB-PVR website is down at the moment.

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=304680&postcount=1

Sorry the front page was hacked about a month ago. The forums are where it's at anyway.