PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Questions - attachment & text colouring

Morgenmuffel
09-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi all

Ok I use outlook 2007, (and thunderbird on another machine)

Part One
On thunderbird I can mark a received email as urgent and this will change the subject line colour in the inbox list to red, i can also mark an email as complete and this changes the relevant entry in the inbox list to a pale grey, which makes it pretty much invisible when i scan my list of emails, which means I don't waste time looking at an already dealt with email.

Anyway i can't do this in Outllook the best i can do is assign categories with different coloured squares, what i would love to be able to do is assign a category and have the text coloured that colour.

Any Ideas

Part Two

I know this is doable as i have done it

I want to be able to remove all attachments over 70Kbs in size from all the email in my archives, and i don't want to do it manually nor do i want to lose the email they are attached to

Any help would be appreciated

pctek
09-12-2008, 02:03 PM
How about using Thunderbird on both PCs?

Blam
09-12-2008, 03:48 PM
How about using Thunderbird on both PCs?

Haha-thats a great idea:thumbs:

SolMiester
09-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Hi all

Ok I use outlook 2007, (and thunderbird on another machine)

Part One
On thunderbird I can mark a received email as urgent and this will change the subject line colour in the inbox list to red, i can also mark an email as complete and this changes the relevant entry in the inbox list to a pale grey, which makes it pretty much invisible when i scan my list of emails, which means I don't waste time looking at an already dealt with email.

Anyway i can't do this in Outllook the best i can do is assign categories with different coloured squares, what i would love to be able to do is assign a category and have the text coloured that colour.

Any Ideas

Part Two

I know this is doable as i have done it

I want to be able to remove all attachments over 70Kbs in size from all the email in my archives, and i don't want to do it manually nor do i want to lose the email they are attached to

Any help would be appreciated

Tools>Rules and Alerts should be able to strip attachments...not sure on the coloured text though..