PDA

View Full Version : Sony VAIO VGN-NS15G

bk T
08-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Is there any XP drivers for the above Sony notebook? Searched Sony site but found nothing. Looks like it's no chance of 'UPGRADING' to XP? :D

pctek
08-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Then no.
Its generally only Vista Business or Vista Ultimate that can be "downgraded".

mabix
13-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Sound:
Well It's an Intel High Definition Card in'nt?

So then as long as you install the High Definition Bus Update here (www.softwarepatch.com/windows/uaa-bus-driver-patch.html) you should be able to install the driver straight from the intel website. I don't even think you need the patch as long as you've got XP SP2 or above installed.

Video:
Intel Media Accelerator 4500MHD
Driver here (http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=2991&DwnldID=17178&strOSs=44&OSFullName=Windows*%20XP%20Professional&lang=eng)

Wireless:
I'm not sure whether this laptop has the Intel or LanExpress card, but with either card you can find the driver on their sites :)

Also, if you could post the names of the rest of the devices, I would be happy to do a driver hunt for you :)

To find device names, Go to Start> Right Click Computer > Properties and on the left hand column you should see Device Manager. If you could do a screenshot with the main sections open and post it somewhere, it would be a great help, as there are no real tech specs anywhere on the net..

pctek
13-12-2008, 10:01 PM
And chipset???

mabix
13-12-2008, 10:08 PM
http://sonycentre.in/VGN-NS15GS.html was what I could find for Specs, but if you look on the bottom of the video driver page it shows a list of all compatible chipsets with that card, so it would just take someone with that computer and everest to find out which one it was..

Intel is still commited to releasing XP drivers for almost all of it's products.

bk T
13-12-2008, 10:13 PM
In order to avoid any unforeseen problems, we've decided to stay with Vista.

Thanks for all the inputs.:thanks

nickm
22-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi, sorry for going off topic, but I thought this way I'll get a reply from someone who has the laptop.
Anyway, my question is how is the battery life on this? E.g. with low brightness, doing word processing, maybe a bit of wifi.

Would you also hazard a guess as to whether after taking into account weight, size and battery life it would be suitable for uni? I would be taking it to a few lectures, watching movies, playing older games like Call of Duty 1 & 2, Far Cry, Splinter Cell etc

If I should post this somewhere else feel free to tell me off

:thanks Thanks a bunch!