PDA

View Full Version : How do I completely remove iTunes?

supersi
06-12-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm running Vista Ultimate 64.
I updated to iTunes 8.0.2.20 (at the very last moment the windows installer says it has crashed and has to close, but Itunes seems to have installed anyway) and now my iPhone won't dock. I get this message....

'iTunes requires a newer version of Apple Mobile Device Support. Please uninstall both Apple Mobile Device Support and iTunes. Then install iTunes again.'

I have a few problems.

1. In control panel Apple Mobile Device Support doesn't show. I looked everywhere on my C: but I can't find it.
2. When I uninstall iTunes I tried to hunt-down all iTunes/Apple/iPod folders on my C: and delete them too.
The crazy thing is when I reinstall iTunes it seems to have remembered all my music and playlists.

Has anyone else had these problems?

Blam
06-12-2008, 06:23 PM
try this:

1. Quit iTunes.
2. On the Start menu, click Control Panel.
3. In Control Panel, open Add or Remove Programs.
4. Select iTunes/Apple Mobile Device Support from the list of currently installed programs, then click Remove.
5. When asked if you would like to remove iTunes, select Yes.
6. After the uninstallation is complete, do not restart if you are prompted to.
7. If other entries were present for iTunes remove those as well.
8. In Add or Remove Programs, remove any iPod Updater applications that are listed in the same fashion as iTunes was removed.
9. Restart your computer.
10. After the computer restarts, open Local Disk (C:) in Computer or whichever disk programs are installed on.
11. Open the Program Files folder.
12. Right-click the iTunes folder and select Delete and choose Yes when asked to confirm the deletion. Note: This folder may have already been deleted if iTunes was successfully removed in steps 1-7.
13. Right-click the iPod folder and select Delete and choose Yes when asked to confirm the deletion. Click Continue if Windows needs confirmation or permission to continue.
14. Right-click on the Recycle Bin and on the shortcut menu, click Empty Recycle Bin.
15. Restart your computer.
16. Install the latest version of iTunes from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download.

If that still doesn't work try Revo Uninstaller and uninstall them using that.
Use CCleaner to remove the leftover registry entries too

feersumendjinn
06-12-2008, 06:57 PM
Maybe this'll help
http://zardozz.com/zz/2008/04/how-to-completely-uninstall-and-remove-all-traces-of-itunes.html