PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to Vista...Microsoft Interactive Training question.

KateetaK
05-12-2008, 10:03 AM
I am upgrading to Windows Vista from Windows XP. I ran the Vista Upgrade Adviser, and it told me that this program will not run with Vista. Does this mean I must delete all instances of Microsoft Interactive Training that I find on my computer before I upgrade or does it not even matter?

mabix
05-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Yup. Say byebye to interactive training

KateetaK
05-12-2008, 10:14 AM
I deleted them but it's still telling me the same thing on the Upgrade Adviser. That and it's telling me that I will have compatibility issues with Windows Messenger which I also deleted. Any ideas?

mabix
05-12-2008, 10:19 AM
I wouldn't worry about Windows Messenger, It won't be counted as It's a component of XP. As long as you uninstalled Interactive Training properly, you should be fine to go ahead with Installs

Also, If you have an HP Printer, Uninstall the software before you upgrade, everytime i've upgraded a PC with the HP Printer Software I've had tons of issues.

KateetaK
05-12-2008, 10:23 AM
OK cool. I couldn't find anything under add/remove programs (Interactive), so I did a search of all files and folders, found three things, and then deleted them. Is that the correct way?

I have a Canon printer. I shouldn't have any problems, right?

Speedy Gonzales
05-12-2008, 10:42 AM
You shouldnt delete the folder/files, until you uninstall the hotfix.

Interactive training maybe KB923723 in add/remove programs

mabix
05-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Hotfix? Since when was it listed as a hotfix? I've always seen it as a program in the list... ?_?

Speedy Gonzales
05-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Hotfix / patch, well its a patch in XP.

And thats the only KB in XP anyway that relates to interactive training

mabix
05-12-2008, 11:45 AM
*stunned look* just went to a computer with it on, and it was seperate?

Though that computer isn't running XPSP2, so that might be it..