PDA

View Full Version : Is a white pixel on an LCD a stuck or dead pixel?

Speedy Gonzales
04-12-2008, 08:09 PM
I've got one top left on this LCD. Its right in the corner.

Its not that major, just wondering if its a dead or stuck pixel.

I've read that using some program with flashing colours will make it disappear (I did try this it did go), but came back again.

Should I take it back or keep it?

Hmm it seems to come back every time I click on the mouse (when I go between a program / the desktop)

pcuser42
04-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Dead pixels are usually black (called so because they don't turn on), so it'll be stuck. If it disappeared for a while and came back, it's stuck, as dead ones are never fixed.

Speedy Gonzales
04-12-2008, 08:51 PM
ok, that doesnt sound too bad then. It'll probably disappear after a while

Ta :)

Blam
04-12-2008, 09:08 PM
This (http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-Pixel-on-an-LCD-Monitor) might help

Bussani
04-12-2008, 09:11 PM
This might be a silly question, but is it definitely a pixel on the screen itself and not your desktop? Sometimes certain programs or menus will leave a pixel behind on my wallpaper for some reason. Refreshing the wallpaper gets rid of it for me.

I only asked because you mentioned going between a program and the desktop.

Speedy Gonzales
04-12-2008, 09:12 PM
This (http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-Pixel-on-an-LCD-Monitor) might help

I was there earlier

I'm trying a program called UDPixel, when you run it, you can drag a flashing dot onto the pixel to kind of "wake it up".

Some sites say it works after 20, maybe 30 mins

I tried that Jscreenfix, the first time I tried it it went away, but doesnt stay away for good

Speedy Gonzales
04-12-2008, 09:16 PM
This might be a silly question, but is it definitely a pixel on the screen itself and not your desktop? Sometimes certain programs or menus will leave a pixel behind on my wallpaper for some reason. Refreshing the wallpaper gets rid of it for me.

I only asked because you mentioned going between a program and the desktop.

Its definitely the desktop, if I change the wallpaper to something else, its still there. It doesnt look like its permanent, since it does go away.

I'll see if this UDPixel program kills it permanently

Blam
04-12-2008, 09:53 PM
It should-I've tried it on quite a few PCs and its worked.
Since it isn't permanent it should disappear...hopefully:D

Speedy Gonzales
04-12-2008, 10:11 PM
It better, or the only thing disappearing is this monitor back to the shop :lol: