PDA

View Full Version : one website will not load

TNTasha
04-12-2008, 04:31 PM
I cannot get to adobe.com for some reason over the past week. I get the error message: "The server at www.adobe.com is taking too long to respond." This is now for a week.

Pinging adobe.com & its IP 192.150.18.117 both come back successfully. I can get to any other website in the universe it seems. I have disabled Zone Alarm, Norton, & SpySweeper with no success. I have tried 2 computers, XP & Vista platforms, both give the same error message. I've tried Firefox & Explorer & Opera browsers.

I think it must be my ADSL modem (Dynalink RTA230, using Telecom Xtra Broadband), because I can successfully get to adobe.com from another router which is hooked up here to another phone line (& hooked up to another computer). I'm praying I don't have to reset my modem because setting it up in the first place was a matter of luck (it was over my head).

But I need to access the adobe website from my computer so that I can install the software which requires confirmation of my registration serial number online in order to install itself.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, tasha

Safari
04-12-2008, 05:08 PM
If you have to do a reset setting up Dynalink modems using the router IP address in a web browser is very easy.
Most settings are correct by default and all you should have to do is enter your Telecom broadband username and password.

FoxyMX
04-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Just a wild guess but check your Host file to see if anything is out of order in there.

TNTasha
07-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Thanks to both FoxyMX & Safari for tips about hosts file & resetting my router. Unfortunately, neither worked. My host file is clean and I reset my router twice. I still cannot get to adobe.com website. ??

Is there anything else that comes to mind? Thanks again for everyone's help!

gary67
07-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Is your firewall blocking it for some reason

TNTasha
07-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Success! I updated the firmware of the router and now I can get onto the adobe website to my hearts content! Yippee!