View Full Version : 24 hrs 2 UnRAR??

04-12-2008, 01:25 AM
I have a folder that contains 59 .RAR files totalling 4.7GB. Clicked to unRAR using WinRAR and am seeing a window that informs me 'Elapsed time 03:06:19, ::-Remaining time 21:34:04. Completed = 22%
Is this usual?
I've never before unRARed anything of this magnitude.

Compaq Presario S3010AN
AMD XP2000+ 1.67 GHz
WXP Pro MCE (v.2) +SP2

04-12-2008, 01:45 AM
Yeah, I know...the math doesn't add up:- 22% in 3 hrs leaves 78% to do in 21 hrs.

04-12-2008, 04:53 AM
Never mind about this post, the complete folder was corrupt. Closer inspection revealed that it for three hours it had been locked into a sort of Phase locked do-loop and was repeatedly un-raring the same first three 48MB files and going no further.
It has been trashed.

04-12-2008, 10:05 AM
using WinRAR and am seeing a window that informs me 'Elapsed time 03:06:19, ::-Remaining time 21:34:04. Completed = 22%

Its not hours. mins. secs.
Its mins, secs, whatever.

04-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Its not hours. mins. secs.
Its mins, secs, whatever.

Ummm...yes it is!

04-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Ha ah!!, Is it really. I best get up to date and in time then, now. Hell, no wonder I'm late for appointments:;are dates given in format 10:30:2008, for instance, meant to be taken as the 2008th month of the 30th day of the year 10?? ( or some other permutation thereof)
Yeah, I'm being smartassed.
Obviously, my thinking it is Hrs:Mins:Secs is arse about face. Is it...I'm not questioning you now..

04-12-2008, 02:16 PM
I am again d-D-loading the Torrent. This time it shows as being 2.7GB and is made up off 59, 46.9 MB .rar files.These figures do add up to it being 2,767.1MB. How the other folder managed to become a 4.7GB Mammoth I have no idea. ( in the folder that I trashed,the file size was 48MB: 59x48MB does not 4.7GB) .
Hopefully this time it totally unpacks in the blink of an eye. Aye aye.
Thanks guys.

04-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Better not be telling us which game your downloading. ;)

04-12-2008, 03:31 PM
:D :D :D

04-12-2008, 09:35 PM
gza you're lucky...the mods on your side!


04-12-2008, 11:17 PM
wratterus: its not a game and even if the mystery 'it' miraculously unrars and Axl don't get all broke up 'n' Ritzy, the Status Quo forbids immoderate behaviour.

blam6: d'you really think the Mod's on my side or are you off yer rocker?? Them eyes o' that cat, man, cut to the quick. I usually like felines, yeah yeah, I know its only a blimmin' image...
^ ^
ciao. (meeow) (. .) :lol:

05-12-2008, 01:05 AM
I feel like my manhood has been made a mockery of :(

Anyway, lets just say Im aware of what most things around 2-4.7GB are, especially when they come in RAR files of that size. However, I am not going to warn / ban on speculation.

That said, I would suggest you move away from this thread though, there is certain behavior and topics that are not allowed on these forums...

10-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Chilling Silence, I apologise if what I wrote offended you, I didn't intend to slight you in any way.
As for the .rar download I was attempting to get, I cancelled it and will now get off this thread.

10-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Haha, nah not at all mate, no harm done :)