PDA

View Full Version : EPSON Stylus CX4800

LarsJohann
01-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Problem :
My printer often gets a paper jam and there is no paper jam. I eject and it keeps getting paper jams.
Also, I find that when I print pictures there is a lot of ink marks on the pictures, I mean long traces as if something is dragging on the left of the paper. I tried to clean the head over and over again and it does not seem to help.
Any suggestion ?
:thanks :crying

Blam
01-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Tried realigning the cartridges?
You should be able to do that from the computer

TonyT
10-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Problem :
My printer often gets a paper jam and there is no paper jam. I eject and it keeps getting paper jams.
Also, I find that when I print pictures there is a lot of ink marks on the pictures, I mean long traces as if something is dragging on the left of the paper. I tried to clean the head over and over again and it does not seem to help.
Any suggestion ?
:thanks :crying

You probably have a sticky paper feed sensor or a small bit of paper stuck under or around the sensor. Unfortunately the sensor is really difficult to get too without pulling the machine apart, but can be done if you take your time. The sensor is visible looking into the machine just adjacent to the printhead when it is parked behind the metal support
As far as the lines on the paper when you print, it is most likely paper fluff or a hair struck under the printhead. Put a small soft cloth on the paper feed platen and run the printhead over it gently. Turn the printer off and then open the cover. Turn the machine on and when the printhead moves off the cleaning station, pull the plug out (this won't hurt the machine). then place the piece of cloth on the platen and slide thge printhead over it. Don't force anything. There will be mild resistance but not much.
If this seems too much, then a service agent might be your best choice but expect to pay around $50-$60 for the job.

HTH