PDA

View Full Version : CD / DVD blank disk printer

Q man
30-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Hope everyone's enjoying there sunday

I'm after as above a relatively cheap printer that can print to a printable dvd.
Have done my own searching and would like to see any recommended.
If it was standalone (only print disks not paper) it would be preferable as already have photoprinter and fax/photocopier and hopefully it would keep cost down.

Thanks

pctek
01-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Lightscribe DVDRWs print on them, whats wrong with that?

Q man
01-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Hang on do you mean lightscribe dvdrw's print on lightscribe disks or blank white printable disks because I've only tried the lightscribe disks but they cost a fortune.

I''ve got 100 white printable disks and I've never stuck them in my lightscribe but would be very happy to if it works. (please confirm)

SolMiester
01-12-2008, 04:16 PM
??, are you wanting to print CD labels?.....cant understand you, i have need heard of a printer printing onto CD's\DVD's......only lightscribe does that and that is done via the DVD drive WITH lightscribe disc's

FoxyMX
01-12-2008, 04:21 PM
??, are you wanting to print CD labels?.....cant understand you, i have need heard of a printer printing onto CD's\DVD's......only lightscribe does that and that is done via the DVD drive WITH lightscribe disc's

My printer prints directly onto printable white CDs and DVDs. Printers capable of doing so have been around for yonks.

Lightscribe etches onto lightscribable discs - quite a different thing.

Printing onto CD labels that are stuck onto discs is yet another different option.

Zippity
01-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Canon IP series printers will print onto any print ready media :)

FoxyMX
01-12-2008, 04:30 PM
I''ve got 100 white printable disks and I've never stuck them in my lightscribe but would be very happy to if it works. (please confirm)

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but no, you cannot use your white printable discs to print with lightscribe.

Have a look at Canon printers. They should have models that print onto printable discs. My Canon multifunction printer does the job beautifully.

An example is a CANON iP4500 Printer, $169, or CANON PiXMA iP4600 Photo Printer, $229, both at Dick Smith.

Q man
01-12-2008, 04:39 PM
That is what I thought

Would be keen to buy one of those printers but then that mean I've got three printers, I was actually trying to find a standalone cd/dvd printer to keep costs down and not have a third printer but it sounds like there aren't many around.

Thanks

TonyT
10-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Cheapest option is the Canon.
Standalone DVD/CD printers start at around $1000.

Speedy Gonzales
10-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Yup youre right printable cd's/dvds wont work with LS burners.

The cd's / dvd's are coated, but they dont look like printable cds or dvd's

sam m
10-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Bought epsom r310 few years ago that comes with software to print to blank printable discs. At the time it was around $400 but since then friend bought similar epsom model for about $250 and that was a while ago so I am sure tha you could pick something up for under $200.

Lawrence
11-12-2008, 06:43 AM
Have a Epsom R210 which is 4 years old and have had no problems but use original ink's as I have had problems in the past with printers using third party inks .
I also have lightscribe but to me they look a bit bland

Scouse
11-12-2008, 08:37 AM
I too have a Canon ip4500 and once used would never bother again with the lightscribe. Highly recommended.