PDA

View Full Version : LCD Glare

Faded_Mantis
29-11-2008, 12:31 AM
I have a decent desktop LCD which I've never really had any brightness problems with, until now. I've recentally moved house, and up until now I normally had my computer facing the wall that the window was on, but the way this new room is laid out in relation to doors, walldrobe, windows etc it means that I have to have the desk facing the wall at a 90 degree angle to the window. I now get problems with glare.

It's fine when I'm working on programmes with bright colours, such as the white of word processors, or when playing bright games, browsing the web is fine to actually. But the problem starts when I'm watching a movie/playing a game that has a lot of darkness in it, such as splinter cell. I find that I can't see anything at all because of the glare.

I've made a temporary cardboard shield which I stick around my work space during the worst times in the day, but I was looking at a more long term solution. I was looking at something like this (http://www.ascent.co.nz/productspecification.aspx?ItemID=110729). Does anyone have something like this, and does it actually reduce glare, I've seen a review of a similar 3M product where the person said it actually increased glare.

Is there any other product that people can recommend?

Oh I just realised I hadn't mentioned that there are no curtains yet, so that's one part of the problem.

pctek
29-11-2008, 07:28 AM
Oh I just realised I hadn't mentioned that there are no curtains yet, so that's one part of the problem.

Thats the answer.
Go down to your nearest Warehouse and buy some.