PDA

View Full Version : writing multiple files to dvd

ojos
20-11-2008, 09:38 PM
I am using a slideshow programme that has stilll photos showing as a slide show with music track.

If I write one to a dvd it is fine
But there is still room on the dvd. So I try and write another one to the same dvd and it says it will delete the first file

Please, how do I get around this

(The dvd disc is rewritable)

regards,
Ojos

Speedy Gonzales
20-11-2008, 09:41 PM
I wouldnt use DVDRW, if you want to play it in a standalone dvd player

99.9% of the time, it wont play

WHAT program are you using to do this?

wainuitech
20-11-2008, 09:43 PM
What program are you using to write the original to DVD ?

Some programs will write multi slide shows as a menu, but they do need to be done all at the same time, as in cant be added to at a later date.

utopian201
21-11-2008, 09:31 AM
I wouldnt use DVDRW, if you want to play it in a standalone dvd player

99.9% of the time, it wont play

If your dvd burner supports book type writing, you can change the dvd type to dvd-rom instead of DVD+RW. This may help improve compatibility for older set top dvd players.

dentate
20-01-2009, 08:40 AM
This problem concerns me also. I find PhotoStory3 with the Sonic (Roxio) DVD plug-in works very well in creating single slideshow projects. But it's very difficult (ie impossible) to contact their customer support re a solution to this.
What other program will allow multiple projects on the one DVD, with an up-front menu to select from?

Speedy Gonzales
20-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Unless you leave it open (multisession), you wont be able to add more files to it

It finalises it. If the program cant do that, you'll have to either update the program, or use another program

Bantu
20-01-2009, 11:24 AM
I have never had any problems with Rewritables but best to close/finalize the session to play it on a DVD Player, some older players don't like open DVDs.

What Slideshow program are you using?

FoxyMX
20-01-2009, 03:08 PM
I am using a slideshow programme that has stilll photos showing as a slide show with music track.

If I write one to a dvd it is fine
But there is still room on the dvd. So I try and write another one to the same dvd and it says it will delete the first file

Your program should tell you how much room is left available on the DVD before burning so that you can add more photos to fill it up.

What other program will allow multiple projects on the one DVD, with an up-front menu to select from?

ProShow Gold is what I use. It isn't free but it does have a lot of options to choose from, including multiple projects/chapters with a menu. You can download a trial to see if you like it before buying.