PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail Login problems

31-05-2001, 03:27 PM
I recently upgraded my browser to IE 5.5 (curtosy of PC World CD). Installed MSN Messenger at the same time - damned if I know why, seemed a good idea at the time. Everything works fine - except I can't get into some web pages. Specifically, asbbank.co.nz(though I can get in through asb.co.nz), and neither myself or my daughter can access our Hotmail accounts. We can get to the login screens, but logging in only results in the 'cant find the web page' screen you typically get.

I've cleaned out history, got rid of cookies, removed offline content - still no luck. I've also checked all the security protocol boxes are checked in Internet Options/Advanced,

Any clues??

31-05-2001, 05:53 PM
Have seen this happen b/4. Try adding SP1 to IE 5.5. (It may already be loaded). Can also try RegClean in case something is upsetting Reg. Worth running Scandisk just in case. If still a problem suggest removing the installs, start with Messenger. Re-Check at each step. Run RegClean again at each step. Its going to be a case of trial and error. Good Luck.
Sergio